Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Thank you ALL for the kind words of welcome and the helpful links. I've bookmarked them for him. He and dad are away this weekend for some rc car racing. They spend their weekends lately working on cars and planes, and my son is learning by simulation to fly.

A little more about him, (because he's awesome, and I'm a proud mom). He's soon to be 10 years old, next month! He's just started 6th grade, in a technology program though Project Lead the Way. Over the next 3 years, he's going to be learning CAD, 3D modeling, Robotics, and more! He's working on learning windows visual basic, and hopes to continue on with C++ soon. He enjoys rc cars, and hopes to be able to fly his own plane soon after a bit more simulator work with the transmitter. He enjoys reading, has a bit of an obsession with Assassin's Creed, and just being a normal, pretty well adjust kid. He is 2 years ahead in school, so he'll always be on the younger side. If he keeps up his pace though, he's on track to graduate at 16, with the option of doing so with a 2 year community college degree. (his goal, not mine!) So, we'll see what the future holds.

I'm excited about being a part of the kickstarter. This is the first one that I've pulled the trigger on. I've been thinking about starting one for my own project. (A virtual pet website.) We are coming up on our 5th year, and currently have about 400 members a day logging in. Quite a feat for a clueless, stumbled upon this gig, stay at home mom!

To stay on topic a bit more, with the vampire pack, we will be getting the first Dungeon attack set of 36 first in Sept, right? Are any of the extra figures 'done' figurines that will be coming then? Just want to be prepared! We were going to add a paint set or two to get him started, but dear old Dad fell in love with the clockwork dragon, so... we added that on instead. I may be stealing an elf or two to paint so that we can turn this into some family fun time!

~Zara

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to bonk all those people complaining about the PDF stretch goal over the head. Considering it was only 160K between that and the last stretch goal, instead of 400K+, its more a bonus goal.

No whineyness with your free stuff, thank you very much!

To stay on topic a bit more, with the vampire pack, we will be getting the first Dungeon attack set of 36 first in Sept, right? Are any of the extra figures 'done' figurines that will be coming then? Just want to be prepared! We were going to add a paint set or two to get him started, but dear old Dad fell in love with the clockwork dragon, so... we added that on instead. I may be stealing an elf or two to paint so that we can turn this into some family fun time!

~Zara

There are no plastic Bones being shipped in September. Only the non-Bones stuff (like Metal Sophie, paints, PDFs, clothing). All the Bones are supposed to go out in March.

There was a LOT to take in! When he first looked and then showed us, it had about 25 hours left. So we knew we had to make a decision quickly. It's really amazing how well the kickstarter has done! All the extras and the lengths that the team have gone through are truly above and beyond. It's great to see a community rally like this.

LoL , I agree! I love the visuals and how the team laid everything out though. There's just SO much of it!

It's been about 15 years since my last foray into rp'ing. And now I have to figure out where to get back in and how to best introduce him. The mini's definitely got his interest so I'm glad we went in the shop. And by extension, heard about the Bones, and the kickstarter and managed to find my way here. I see a lot of reading in my future here on the forums!

LoL , I agree! I love the visuals and how the team laid everything out though. There's just SO much of it!

It's been about 15 years since my last foray into rp'ing. And now I have to figure out where to get back in and how to best introduce him. The mini's definitely got his interest so I'm glad we went in the shop. And by extension, heard about the Bones, and the kickstarter and managed to find my way here. I see a lot of reading in my future here on the forums!

Someone mentioned that the Swords and Wizardry which the Vampire level gets the free PDF of was a good starting point for younger players. I don't really know myself, but it should be worth checking out!

And now time to crawl into bed (with my tablet) and (not) sleep until 7:30am!

Just to confirm - if I "double-pledge" $200 for the Vampire level, so that I can get "two" Vampire levels, that does come with 2 sets of all of the individual stretch minis, yes?

Thanks!!

The ones that are added to Vampire, yes. The options must still be purchased separately. But each vampire set does get the 220-whatever vampire miniatures, yep.

1. Welcome, Zara!

Yes. Swords and Wizardry is a great place to start with RPGing, due to its simplicity; it's Original D&D, without the clutter and bad editing.

If MY mom had bought me all this crap when I was ten years old, I'd still be worshipping at her feet.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2

I'll be sure to point him at your post Dr.Bedlam! ;)

In the interim of waiting for his truckload of minis in March... could anyone PM me reputable sites to get him a collection to practice painting in anticipation? When I first thought we'd get the dungeon pack, I thought that would be great and allow him to have multiples to try out diff things on. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Groovymunki (I like your name!) -- I like the familiars pack, I hope we make it! (I really want the little fairy dragon to paint, myself!)

• Like 1

In the interim of waiting for his truckload of minis in March... could anyone PM me reputable sites to get him a collection to practice painting in anticipation?

This one. Go to online store at the top of the page. The Bones line has a small selection already in production, and Reaper also sells paint. Plus if you're in the US or Canada you get Free Shipping (which is fast, no less) on orders over $25.

You simply can't beat that anywhere.