Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

(The SQL error is fiddling with my posts, so if you have to clean up after me, my apologies Ladystorm)

Reaper also sells Learn to Paint kits, which I heartily recommend to everybody. So heartily you'd think I was getting a commission (I'm not).

Those miniatures are metal, not Bones plastic, but the theory's the same and it's a quick, reasonably priced way to get a few paints, a few minis, and good instruction.

• Like 2

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much! Lost my last post... It seems I should explore a bit more before I open my mouth and ask any more silly (stupid) questions. I think I will pick him up some rats and kobold sets to practice with (and have to open at his birthday party). And I'll definitely check out the learn to paint kits! Thank you so much!

I've got the kickstarter open in a tab while I work on my website today. I hope we make it to the next level, it's exciting. Feels like a party day. :p

Thanks so much! Lost my last post... It seems I should explore a bit more before I open my mouth and ask any more silly (stupid) questions. I think I will pick him up some rats and kobold sets to practice with (and have to open at his birthday party). And I'll definitely check out the learn to paint kits! Thank you so much!

I've got the kickstarter open in a tab while I work on my website today. I hope we make it to the next level, it's exciting. Feels like a party day. :p

Don't worry about asking questions, it's fun to see somebody enthused and I'd rather take a minute to answer your question than to leave you hangin and wonderin.

That is awesome, thank you BOTH! I'm definitely going to get a kit (maaaaybe 2) and a set of rats and kobolds in the bones line for his birthday party. We rented a gaming rig for him and his friends this year after finding a killer deal. I will be checking out the local shop as well. They were amazing with my son, and the 'resident painter' (not sure of his official title, but he had a desk and paints everywhere!) really talked with him and showed him the diff types and explained the differences. We left there very happy customers. :)

So much to look at, and to read! I've restrained myself for now, but I did have like 5 threads opened. I know the forums are under load with everyone excited about the kickstarter so I want to be kind to the servers. :p I've learned quickly to copy my post before I hit post, just in case the forums hiccup!

From the kickstarter page, at the very bottom. I'm not quite sure what they mean though? Would this be goals past the $3.340million?

Whatever it is, I'm excited!

"Oh, and that's not the only surprise we have! At set times today (and we won't tell you when!) we'll be revealing all new Goals!"

In the interim of waiting for his truckload of minis in March... could anyone PM me reputable sites to get him a collection to practice painting in anticipation?

This one. Go to online store at the top of the page. The Bones line has a small selection already in production, and Reaper also sells paint. Plus if you're in the US or Canada you get Free Shipping (which is fast, no less) on orders over $25.

You simply can't beat that anywhere.

Check out miniature-giant.com as well. They sell everything Reaper for a minimum of 26% off.

• Like 1

And Reaper often throws in extra minis... just cause they are cool like that.

They do indeed throw in extras to my orders with regularity. It is one of many reasons why I'm such a raving fan of Reaper minis.

I'm about to add a second vampire level.

Because I can trade the KS Sophie's out for a Nethyrmaul and another $15/$10 option..it only makes sense since I've already committed the majority of the funds anyhow. What's the poker phrase?

"I'm all in."