Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

I've noticed I've been going through withdrawl. Every time I've gotten a KS update today, I've had this rush of elation... only to find it was for the KS my wife is using my account for :-(. I really want the paints; I've got a bunch of minis that I've never painted that I began too, learned Citadel paints are too hard to work with (too thick to do anything, too hard to thin), picked up some Reaper paint and now have everything on hold...

Really, REALLY hope the RPM comes out tomorrow.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame about the two elves getting cut due to sculpt issues. Those were my girlfriend's two favorite minis in the whole set and she was actually really sad they won't be coming. On the other hand, RPM is almost here! I'll try and make it up to her by getting her something cool from the options list.

A shame about the two elves getting cut due to sculpt issues. Those were my girlfriend's two favorite minis in the whole set and she was actually really sad they won't be coming. On the other hand, RPM is almost here! I'll try and make it up to her by getting her something cool from the options list.

They were awesome concept art pieces, and I'm a bit sad that it's going to be a while before they come out in Bones, if at all. But still, can't complain, getting a great deal anyway!

@Atramagus: Yup! I've been trying to console her by going through the bones reward and finding other things she loves. I was a bit shocked that there are fewer than 10 minis she really liked though. And now 2 of them got cut. But like I said, the options list has greater treasure with which to treat her melancholy! I think Ebonwrath (her favorite living dragon) should do the trick :poke:

• Like 1

I've been trying to console her by going through the bones reward and finding other things she loves. I was a bit shocked that there are fewer than 10 minis she really liked though. And now 2 of them got cut.

If either (or both) makes it into at least metal, drop me a PM with your mailing address, and I will see that she gets a copy.

Seriously.

~v

• Like 1

@recruittons

Interestingly enough, I don't think those two elves were on the top list for my fiance. Her absolute favorite was the griffon hehe. Still, she had a lot that she liked, so I ended up getting her her own set anyway. The only dragons she cared for were from the There Be Dragons set, so I'll probably get an extra one of those as well.

Hopefully your girlfriend enjoys the minis!

If either (or both) makes it into at least metal, drop me a PM with your mailing address, and I will see that she gets a copy.

Seriously.

~v

Holy crap, seriously? That is such an incredibly nice offer! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you so much, she just made a little squealy noise and offered internet hugs! :lol:

@recruittons

Interestingly enough, I don't think those two elves were on the top list for my fiance. Her absolute favorite was the griffon hehe. Still, she had a lot that she liked, so I ended up getting her her own set anyway. The only dragons she cared for were from the There Be Dragons set, so I'll probably get an extra one of those as well.

Hopefully your girlfriend enjoys the minis!

I'm not too worried. The ones we did find, she really does like a lot. The dual-wielding pirate lady, the various demonesses (marilith being very big on her list) and the big spider centaur. Those all will make her plenty happy. I think she was just disappointed at first. Also, looking at pictures is one thing, I think once she sees them in their physical splendor at time of fulfillment, she'll discover a bunch more that she loves. Heck, I'm in for double-vampire (once RPM goes live) There is going to be a ton of love to go around!

So, after a year of lurking on the forum, I finally have to post......partially because I can't stand the hilarity anymore......need to be a part of it!!!! The kickstarter has been the catalyst of my signing up to finally post. Just taking a moment here to say that the Reaper community is absolutely insanely awesome!! I have been waiting ever so patiently for the RPM to come........as has everyone else, some, more patiently than others. My daughter has decided that this is my birthday, Christmas, and valentines day gifts. Go figure.

Thank you each and every special person/goblin on the forum for making me laugh each day since lurking!

A year?!?! To think, all that wasted time when we could have been picking on you... :;):

Welcome to the forums!

~v

I'm with you Gryfter, I lurked on these forums for years ( I'm not sure how many); but when I saw the Kickstarter and I had a chance to join in… Then, feeling a better connection to the community here, I did the same thing and joined the forums, plus I needed to be a part of the community to reap the reward of the Bones Badge. I am now in final calculations for my RPM, and will be locking mine in tonight, once I get home.

Viva the Bones Kickstarter!!