Kickstarter Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who was interested, the clockwork dragon is painted and up in the preview gallery, Kaladrax is painted awaiting photography and I'm mostly through Nethyrmaul. I hope to be done with it by m

Hello everyone! First post here on the forums.   I am a homeschool mom, and while taking my son out to do some donations to a local shelter, we stopped by when my son spotted a local game store. H

.     .     .     .

• Forum Mascot

I need to take my mind off this. Do some painting.

*sits down*

*Takes random blister out of drawer. 02760: Jalinrix, Female Devil.*

"Ah, this'll do nicely."

*takes out file, starts to work off seams and flash, humming contentedly*

Jalinrix: "It's not so bad, you know."

Me: "What!? What!? Am I losing my mind? Why are you talking?"

Jalinrix: "Because I can, that's why. Anyway, it's really not so bad."

Me: "What isn't?"

Jalinrix: "Bones. They're not so bad."

Me: "But they're plastic, and plastic is morally wrong. I'm religiously opposed to plastic."

Jalinrix: "Would you like me, if I was in plastic?"

Me: "Well, yes. No. Maybe?"

Jalinrix: "And I know how much you HATE pre-painted plastic, but Bones you still have to paint. Right? It's the same thing, right?"

Me: "No. No, it isn't the same at all!"

Jalinrix: "But you remember when the D&D prepaints came out? And you said: 'What's the point of that?' But with Bones, the point is the same. It's the SAME, Buglips. THE SAME. And besides, there's one other thing . . ."

Me: "What's that?"

Jalinrix: "It's not your fault if you give in."

Me: "It isn't?"

Jalinrix: "No, no . . . it isn't. It's the company's fault . . . for making you want them so bad."

Me: "It is?"

Jalinrix (nods): Mm-hm.

Me: "It . . . it is! It's their fault!"

Jalinrix: "Exactly. Now go on, honey. Go get me some fire minions."

• Like 3

Oh, and what the hell is this bone polymer? Is it plastic?

I don't know the exact formilation, but funcitonally it's the same stuff as heroclix are made of.

The difference however is that the detail on the Bones figs is worlds ahead of heroclix.

Just wait. I've been doing mind olympics to avoid (at all costs!) calculating what the value of Vampire Level would be . . . if cast in metal.

$516, give or take. This takes in to account *only* the stretch goals that have been reached, and only the Vampire pledge level - no paid add-ons. It uses $5 as a baseline for the figures that either a) do not exist yet, or b) do not exist in metal (i.e. the two Bones models that went direct to Bones without metal versions first). Given the current cost of metal and the complexity of some of the figures, that amount is probably low-balled by a good $25.

Oh, and...

You're Welcome. :;):

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Hey Reaper people, could you drop a hint on the release schedule for all these new Bones? Because my quick calculation says you've pretty much got 10 releases a month for a year, but releasing them all at once seems like it would a nightmare.

Just curious.

• Forum Mascot

I just added up the Mummy level figs in metal: approximately $223.51, assuming you can get them all still, which you can't.

Then consider that Ebonwrath alone is $60.

I thought only limited special edition Reaper figures went actually OOP. Is that what you mean, or are there DHL/Warlord pieces that have been excised from the online store?

(That thought rather terrifies me, actually)

Just wait. I've been doing mind olympics to avoid (at all costs!) calculating what the value of Vampire Level would be . . . if cast in metal.

$516, give or take. This takes in to account *only* the stretch goals that have been reached, and only the Vampire pledge level - no paid add-ons. It uses $5 as a baseline for the figures that either a) do not exist yet, or b) do not exist in metal (i.e. the two Bones models that went direct to Bones without metal versions first). Given the current cost of metal and the complexity of some of the figures, that amount is probably low-balled by a good $25.

Oh, and...

You're Welcome. :;):

~v

Hibba! Flitz! Buhhhh? Sfeh! Grogg!

*panting*

*incoherent jibber jabbering*

*mouth foaming*

• Like 1

I just added up the Mummy level figs in metal: approximately $223.51, assuming you can get them all still, which you can't.

Then consider that Ebonwrath alone is $60.

I thought only limited special edition Reaper figures went actually OOP. Is that what you mean, or are there DHL/Warlord pieces that have been excised from the online store?

(That thought rather terrifies me, actually)

The game is afoot!

I was worried about my wife not appreciating the ever-growing amount of my pledging. At each juncture I would justify my up-pledge. She has finally given up and just wants me to be happy. :)

• Like 1