Kickstarter Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who was interested, the clockwork dragon is painted and up in the preview gallery, Kaladrax is painted awaiting photography and I'm mostly through Nethyrmaul. I hope to be done with it by m

Hello everyone! First post here on the forums.   I am a homeschool mom, and while taking my son out to do some donations to a local shelter, we stopped by when my son spotted a local game store. H

.     .     .     .

• Reaper User

Regarding OOP for the newbies...

Very little of our stuff is "Out Of Production" that's why we call it NICed or Not In Catalog.

Here's the dif...

OOP is things like limited editions and ex-licensed lines like Exalted and L5R

NICed is not in distribution and not in our product catalog but is still available for direct sale to retail stores and consumers.

• Forum Mascot

Regarding OOP for the newbies...

Very little of our stuff is "Out Of Production" that's why we call it NICed or Not In Catalog.

Here's the dif...

OOP is things like limited editions and ex-licensed lines like Exalted and L5R

NICed is not in distribution and not in our product catalog but is still available for direct sale to retail stores and consumers.

Right, that's what I thought but I wondered if something had changed.

Thank you for the clarification, I can breathe easier knowing that I still have all the pre SKU-03xxx DHL to pick through.

• Like 1

I just added up the Mummy level figs in metal: approximately $223.51, assuming you can get them all still, which you can't.

Then consider that Ebonwrath alone is $60.

I thought only limited special edition Reaper figures went actually OOP. Is that what you mean, or are there DHL/Warlord pieces that have been excised from the online store?

(That thought rather terrifies me, actually)

Yes there are. Typically these were pieces that had issues producing good castings. There are at least 2 out of the Warlord line that have been excised. I don't remember the numbers though.

• Reaper User

There was a pack of 3 Reven beastmen 140013 that got split up into the grunts and a sergeant along with the three and two packs being turned into larger army packs...

I can't think of a single one that was completely 86ed. You can still get 14001, 140034 and 140051, which I believe never got data cards. And 140056 weapons pack which never had any stats. These were the first victims of the NICing for Warlord.

We dropped some P-65 numbers because of difficulty of casting, but they are still available in the original line they came from. The only hole I know of was filled with a resculpt of 02976: Astral Mauler.

If you can, please refresh my memory, because I really don't recall any mainline minis being completely killed.

My wife has been very understanding of my miniature habit, and once she realized I could make money at it she's been down right encouraging! I've been talking to her about this Kickstarter a lot- last night even went into detail on how some of the stretch goals are auto-added, etc.

wait a second, you can make money doing this?! I just picked up the hobby to help control anxiety

• Forum Mascot

My wife has been very understanding of my miniature habit, and once she realized I could make money at it she's been down right encouraging! I've been talking to her about this Kickstarter a lot- last night even went into detail on how some of the stretch goals are auto-added, etc.

wait a second, you can make money doing this?! I just picked up the hobby to help control anxiety

Be warned that, as somebody who did do it for money (standards were a lot lower in the early 90's), there is some risk that it may suck all the fun out of it. For some people it doesn't. It turned me off the hobby for ten whole years.

This brings to mind the terrible things I've been doing to Briathel.

He can't pledge until after payday. At least, that's what he says.

So I just forward him every time Reaper emails me because a new goal has been met.

I envision all of this thread's theatre and drama happening inside his head with each passing email....