Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Love the KickStarter drive! Me and my friends meet Sunday to pool our money. Instead of being reasonable and getting an undertaker, I suspect by the end of the night we will have a Vampire set and 5 Ebonwraths lol. The only thing that makes me sad is the lack of gnome love. We have 3 gnomes in our 3.5 campaign, and I'm friends with a 4th. We would be battling to the death for a gnome expansion like the dwarven one. We're already eyeing Cassie (so far I win upon the condition I paint her pastel pink- I play a Gnome summoner. She's basically a lime green Cassie with a serpentine eidolon).

BTW, gnome fighters are hilarious. Just saying. :) <3 To Reaper!

I'd also love to see some gnome/halfling love.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a zebra knee and he was fun because you could "handle" it. The cobalts I've seen rear and hiss at your shadow! But they are gorgeous. It makes me want to get another spider whenever I see your avatar!

It makes me want to get more, too, haha. Minis aren't my only sorta-obsession. I love the stripe knees! They're really showy. My blue baby was super reclusive. She was territorial and would threat if I bugged her, but she'd never came out of her hole. Total pet rock.

It is amazing how far ahead the Bones Kickstarter is of Sedition Wars over the same time frame. Even with 3 less days to work with I think there is a good shot of Reaper breezing past that number. Which would be at or close to one million dollars. This is crazy to watch. And the amusing thing is every time I think "oh that stretch goal will not generate much interest" the numbers skyrocket. I guess I should think that every day, might help the growth of the project. I am apparently not as smart as I like to think.

and 5 Ebonwraths

Whattaya playin, Council of Wyrms? :upside:

By the end of this campaign we will. Our last game we fought a horde of blue wyrms. We're doing a Pathfinder/3.5 run using the Jade Reagent. Our "cleric" *coughnecromancercough* has already reanimated a giant koi skeleton, so I suspect our battle scene come April will be undead Giants versus "really big wyrms!" :)

Seriously though, everyone thought the Ebonwraith was the cool model, just because she's so iconic. That and the skeles. You can never have too many skeles.

That and the skeles. You can never have too many skeles.

Between Bones, DHL army packs, what's in the DHL line that isn't in the army packs, plus my planned IWM raid, I expect by the end of it all I shall field an army upwards of 200 skeletons.

So I agree, can never have too many.

I'd also love to see some gnome/halfling love.

I bet there's a website.

:blink:

There is. I mean..... *ehem* Anyway, agreed on the hanging with my gnomies bit. There's nothing quite like gnomes combined with orcs. The most entertaining campaign to this day has been our half-Orc getting supersized via the Deck of Many Things. Turns out small creatures can ride large ones. Kind of hard to sneakily sew a military saddle on armor and play it off as a "stylish shoulderpad" though.

Agreed. I love that we have a larger skele for reanimating those boss monsters. They've been tricky to play with paper- especially when you consider height.

These are the chronoscope figures in the new reveal:

50005 NOVA Corporate Security Sergeant

50236 Dita, Steampunk Witch

50031 Ape-X, Supervillain

50001 Sascha Dubois, Time Chaser

50178 Andre Durand, Time Chaser

50249 Deadeye Slim, Cowboy

50065 Rex, Dark Future Hero

50217 The Black Mist

50016 Rosie, Chronotechnician

50003 Ellen Stone, Cowgirl

Kickstarter is pledged under hubby's name, so I cant post the mini list there.

Heh - too bad it's the Rosie with the big gun, not the ginormous wrench! (I already have her in metal - but I like me wenches with wrenches.... :wub: )

The cybernetic gorilla will go into the Fallout game that I have been running using the Spycraft 2.0 rules. 'Rosie Brown' is already there, and she has a sister in Megaton....

The Shadow would make a very nice Mysterious Stranger, while some of the others are just plain folks.

The Auld Grump

I gotta ask, do you have a cobalt blue or do you just like them? They are nasty little [email protected]#&5$%s, but pretty and very cool!

I had one, got her as a "sick spider" charity case from my snake breeder, but she passed away a while back. I do love them though.

I had a zebra knee and he was fun because you could "handle" it. The cobalts I've seen rear and hiss at your shadow! But they are gorgeous. It makes me want to get another spider whenever I see your avatar!

I have long wanted an Avondale. :)

The Auld Grump, momma and poppa spider, raising the kids together... it's so Disney!

Yeah sorry I'm not trying to start an argument either. My point was just, for me it's borderline whether the deal will be worth it or not. And since I am only interested in fantasy minis, sci-fi minis do nothing to increase the value of this deal for me.

I'm sorry, but I really, really just do not understand complaints like this. Oh, i get that you may not be interested in sci-fi minis (tho the Chrono line is so much more than just sci-fi, but rather "everything that ain't fantasy" for Reaper), but if this is really what is going to turn the tide for you on whether or not to pledge, then you are probably better off hanging on to your money. If, however, you want to stop and take a look at the bigger picture, you'll see that since the moment it was released, the Chronoscope line became fantastically popular for Reaper. While you may not be clamoring for the figures from that line, there are quite literally hundreds, if not thousands, of people out there that are. Do you know what that means?

Those people just got a taste of what they wanted. And they are hungry for it. Need proof?

Today is now the highest single day total - $46K+ $50K and climbing (also, 2nd highest day of new backers at 210 and rising).

And do you know what all those people funneling money into the Bones kickstarter project means? Yeah, that's right, faster progress to even higher stretch goals. Stretch goals that we might not have otherwise reached without their dollars. Stretch goals, that... *gasp* ...might actually be something else you want.

Look at the big picture; play for the long haul. And really, 10 figures is gonna break you on this deal? Really?

Find a friend that likes this kind of stuff and *give* them these figures. You'll make their freakin' day, and feel good about doing it.

Vampire Pledge: $100.00 USD

Int'l Shipping: $25.00 USD

VAT @~20%: $25.00 USD

Total cost of order: $150.00 USD

Giving the minis you don't want to someone that will like and use them: Priceless

~v

edited for tone, content

Edited by Shakandara
  • Like 4