Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

I gotta ask, do you have a cobalt blue or do you just like them? They are nasty little [email protected]#&5$%s, but pretty and very cool!

I had one, got her as a "sick spider" charity case from my snake breeder, but she passed away a while back. I do love them though.

I had a zebra knee and he was fun because you could "handle" it. The cobalts I've seen rear and hiss at your shadow! But they are gorgeous. It makes me want to get another spider whenever I see your avatar!

I have long wanted an Avondale. :)

The Auld Grump, momma and poppa spider, raising the kids together... it's so Disney!

That's a true spider, nice, they seem harder to keep (and a little more, erm...medically significant) than a tarantula. I've never had luck keeping true spiders. They're beautiful though. Disney, like Tim Burton, but I'm all for it!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a bit confused by the wording on the Undertaker level:

"4 each of the 59 Bones Models"

For example does this mean that you get 4 packs of 77010 Kobolds (6) (or 24 total miniatures)...

...or simply four of each of the three different models from the standard retail package (meaning 12 minis total) ?

The reason that I ask is that Undertaker is intended for Retailers and the normal terminology for a Retail Bones rack order is:

"4 each of 12 models"

.. Which in the case of the Kobolds pack normally includes four of each *package* of (6) figures. (equaling 24 total miniatures).

Thus my confusion.

• Reaper User

Still a bit confused by the wording on the Undertaker level:

"4 each of the 59 Bones Models"

For example does this mean that you get 4 packs of 77010 Kobolds (6) (or 24 total miniatures)...

...or simply four of each of the three different models from the standard retail package (meaning 12 minis total) ?

The reason that I ask is that Undertaker is intended for Retailers and the normal terminology for a Retail Bones rack order is:

"4 each of 12 models"

.. Which in the case of the Kobolds pack normally includes four of each *package* of (6) figures. (equaling 24 total miniatures).

Thus my confusion.

Models not packs, we may be doing some one time creative packaging with special bar codes to make that happen but we will provide you with an MSRP for anything funky..

• Reaper User

Sorry Grump, doesn't look cuddly enough for me! :)

We can put them in snuggies. Everything looks cuddlier in a snuggie.

True! But, I think I would do a scorpion before one of these bad boys. The emperor scorpions are bad-azz. I work in a pet store and got to play with tons of cool critters!

I had some spider crickets but most of them died (sorta long story). Just one male left now.

Anyways for Undertaker I assumed that each kobold sprue = 1 miniature, so that basically the Undertaker level gets the same dungeon attack as Vampire levels.

So these are going to be specially packaged, one sprue per blister?

Or you could just skip the whole unique blisters thing and bag em. Or Send half and use the normal blisters. I'm assuming Reaper hasn't really decided yet.

I'm sure those blister packs cost a lot and it would save em money to just bag all the minis. (50 cents x 1 bazillion blisters = $$$$$$)

Probably not a good idea for retailers though... I wouldn't mind myself though. I'd probably sell the ones I don't like/want/need on eBay and get the same amount as if they were still in the pack.

Models not packs, we may be doing some one time creative packaging with special bar codes to make that happen but we will provide you with an MSRP for anything funky..

So in the case of the Kobolds which are normally found in 77010...

Undertaker would be essentially four packages with three figures in each (one of each of the different kobold models) or a total of 12 kobold figures.

Correct?

And that also means that we would essentially get four packs of a single Skeletal Spearman (77001), four of one Orc Archer (77002), four packs of one Orc Spearman (77003) and four packs with three Rats (normally found in 77016).

I'm sorry if I seem confused about this however I am trying to reconcile your statement with the one previously posted here:

The Undertaker Level: 4 each of 59 models

Released and available right now:

Skeletal Spear-man

Orc Archer

Orc Spearman

Cave Troll

Ogre Chieftain

Minotaur

Ghost

Great Worm

Good Human Warrior

Kobolds

Rats

Dwarf Warrior

Gnoll Warrior

Werewolf

Bugbear

Zombie

Not Released yet: Was scheduled for this year

Skeletal Swordsman

Skeletal Archer

Orc Swordsman

Elf Archer

Evil Human Fighter

Bathalian

Female Ranger

Goblins

Giant Spider

Unicorn

Young Dragon

Vampire (female)

Gargoyle

Plus the 30 new models shown in the Mummy level

And on the Kickstarter pledge section, because without the duplicates that are normally found in the retail packages (ie. six kobolds to 77010, six rats to 77016, three skeletal spearmen to 77001, etc) I can't see how the total of figures (or "models") adds up to 59.

Because basically, just one of each individual "model" only seems to equal 35 figures,

Skeletal Spear-man

Orc Archer

Orc Spearman

Cave Troll

Ogre Chieftain

Minotaur

Ghost

Great Worm

Good Human Warrior

Kobolds (3)

Rats (3)

Dwarf Warrior

Gnoll Warrior

Werewolf

Bugbear

Zombie

Skeletal Swordsman

Skeletal Archer

Orc Swordsman

Elf Archer

Evil Human Fighter

Bathalian

Female Ranger

Goblins (3)

Giant Spider

Unicorn

Young Dragon

Vampire (female)

Gargoyle

while on the other hand, if you count the total number of figures which typically come in the standard pack then it does seem to add up to 58 total miniatures.

Skeletal Spear-man (3)

Orc Archer (3)

Orc Spearman (3)

Cave Troll

Ogre Chieftain

Minotaur

Ghost

Great Worm

Good Human Warrior

Kobolds (6)

Rats (6)

Dwarf Warrior

Gnoll Warrior

Werewolf

Bugbear

Zombie (3)

Skeletal Swordsman (3)

Skeletal Archer (3)

Orc Swordsman (3)

Elf Archer

Evil Human Fighter

Bathalian

Female Ranger

Goblins (6)

Giant Spider

Unicorn

Young Dragon

Vampire (female)

Gargoyle

Which while still off, seems a lot closer to the correct figure than the other method (simply a single figure of each model) does.

Your last 2 lists seem kinda confusing. Anyway I'm pretty sure it's 4 x (the 30 new models), plus the 4 x existing 16 models (1 sprue of 3 koblds & rats each count as 1), and the 13 unreleased models (1 sprue of 3 goblins, again, counts as 1 model). So I'm pretty sure that's the 59 models.

If that's correct, then the Undertaker level is only 11 minis better than Vampire as of $525,000. If the Vampire level gets another 12 minis or more (that Undertakers don't get), then retailers would be better off switching to 3x Vampire, as that would be more profitable for them.

BUT that is just pure mini #'s comparison. The minotaur, purple worm, young dragon, unicorn, giant spider, and bathalian could all possibly count for 1.5 minis.

Much more math appears in this thread and Gary Gygax is going to come back to life and tell 2-16 of you that the proper range of bones found in vampire and undertaker can be simply calculated by using a d10+d4-d8 with a poker dice where red = favourable and black = unfavourable and the rest can be determined randomly by using the matrices found in tables IX, VI, and XVI.

• Like 5

• Reaper User

30 new models and 29 "old" ones. 4 of each model. Some will be in weird packs to make that happen instead of the normal way they get packaged now. Some we don't know how they are going to be packed for normal production yet as we don't have pricing. But, you will get the 30 new ones and the 29 "old" ones.

Plus the 2 each of stretch goals that apply to the Undertaker Level. That's about the best I can describe it.

30 new models and 29 "old" ones. 4 of each model. Some will be in weird packs to make that happen instead of the normal way they get packaged now. Some we don't know how they are going to be packed for normal production yet as we don't have pricing. But, you will get the 30 new ones and the 29 "old" ones.

Plus the 2 each of stretch goals that apply to the Undertaker Level. That's about the best I can describe it.

So then for example; "Kobolds" (normally sku 77010 which would contain 6 total figures, 2 of each individual kobold) we would instead get just *one* kobold miniature (x4) in a single package or one sprue with all three individual figures on it (x4)?

I'm sorry if I am over analyzing this but I am attempting to evaluate the Undertaker level versus pledging three Vampire levels from a Retailer's standpoint.