Kickstarter Discussion Thread

Reaperbryan

Sorry Grump, doesn't look cuddly enough for me! :)

We can put them in snuggies. Everything looks cuddlier in a snuggie.

True! But, I think I would do a scorpion before one of these bad boys. The emperor scorpions are bad-azz. I work in a pet store and got to play with tons of cool critters!

Hey now! Avondales are real sweethearts - that's half the reason they get used in so many movies!

Mind you, the other half is that they look right scary, but they really are about as good natured a spider as you are like to find.

0_acc38137823d9e658071a68117c41f3a.jpg

I mean, just look at that fuzzy little face!

sydney+funnelweb+spider.jpg

Now one of these on the other hand....

Funnel Web Spiders do not play well with others... and are not at all cute!

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to wonder if the next level below the crypt is going to be just a single sarcophagus, or all 3 (like the crypt reveal itself).

Also, I've been wondering since they added Cronoscope, if each one of those sarcophagus could possibly represent a different series of minis (Pathfinder, Warlord, and Savage Worlds).

Pathfinder will not be included as part of the Bones line, that has been stated by Reaper several times. Beyond that your speculation on the crypts could be spot on. I would be surprised though to see any things like furniture, treasure or other inanimate things included as those are traditionally poor sellers. However, I suppose in plastic those would be more viable.

Just remember that Pathfinder and Savage Worlds are licensed lines, and therefore not likely to appear in Bones (for reasons mentioned earlier in this thread and others). Warlord, however, is much more possible/likely, as it is their own line.

~v

Sorry Grump, doesn't look cuddly enough for me! :)

We can put them in snuggies. Everything looks cuddlier in a snuggie.

True! But, I think I would do a scorpion before one of these bad boys. The emperor scorpions are bad-azz. I work in a pet store and got to play with tons of cool critters!

I've always wanted to get into scorps, but I'm leery of them. I've been keeping spiders for about 15 years, and I know their body language, I know which species are more territorial, and I feel marginally comfy handling and taking care of them. Scorpions are a complete mystery to me. I don't know their whole groove, though they fascinate me. You work in a pet store, AND you work for Reaper? Busy guy!

So I see there are going to be Chronoscope bones... Well it seems that Reaper has broken away from the "only DHL" they had labelled the Bones Kickstarter. Does this mean we have a chance to see Warlord bones and dare I say CAV bones?

I would say definitely possible. Likely? Hard to say. Offering inexpensive plastic starter factions for Warlord and/or CAV would be a great entry point to the game for people, so definitely good for us consumers if they bring those to Bones. I have no idea of the economics behind it though - how many Warlord or CAV miniatures are sold compared to DL or Chronoscope. If they do either one as plus options, I'll definitely be dropping some more cash on the Kickstarter.

That doesn't mean I think it's going to happen. :) I also don't think it's not going to happen, though. I just don't have a feel for it way or the other. But I'd like it if it happened.

Well, there are already Warlord models in there, and not just DHL models that are acting as official sculpts for Warlord datacards. The frost giant king, Freja, Finari, Lysette, Arthrand Nightblade, and the Nightspectre are all Warlord sculpts.

So I'd say yes, a very good chance of seeing more Warlord figures.

~v

I don't care about Chronoscope models. As far as I'm concerned, they're just extras I can throw at my fellow gamers, or give to others.

Do what I suggest, cut them up and use them to decorate your dragons' bases :devil:

Except the ape, he's too cool to hurt like that.