Occulus, The Eye Beast

Admittedly, this is what actually got me wanting to sculpt. When I was younger, my older brother used to play war hammer, and that was my first taste of mini painting. Unfortunately, I didn't understand that there was pinning, and putting together models, so when I bought my own things, I didn't get too far on them. When I did get interested in them again a while back (thank you Citrine), I hadn't even thought about sculpting until I saw this guy's WIP. It's really awesome to see him finished now. :)

Thanks! Made my day. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Ed at TF recently (well texted back and forth actually). He's in the process of locating a new full shop and moving his operation out of his basement. When that is done, he'll be releasing this and other backlogged sculpts. It sounded like it would be sometime this spring. I was a little concerned that the Alien Assimilation KS would eat up all of his time and the other sculpts wouldn't be able to be produced, but he says that that is not the case; infact, it is the KS that is allowing him to expand and give everything the attention it deserves. I'm hoping....

BTW: In case anyone wants to see this in person, I'm bringing both the painted version of it and the green with me to ReaperCon.

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 6

I spoke with Ed at TF recently (well texted back and forth actually). He's in the process of locating a new full shop and moving his operation out of his basement. When that is done, he'll be releasing this and other backlogged sculpts. It sounded like it would be sometime this spring. I was a little concerned that the Alien Assimilation KS would eat up all of his time and the other sculpts wouldn't be able to be produced, but he says that that is not the case; infact, it is the KS that is allowing him to expand and give everything the attention it deserves. I'm hoping....

BTW: In case anyone wants to see this in person, I'm bringing both the painted version of it and the green with me to ReaperCon.

I can't wait to see them sir. Looking forward to RCon '13. Plus waiting for the opportunity to order one from TF.

Another year, another person poking you with a pool noodle....

Any word yet on when this beast will be coming out?

The Auld Grump

I have pretty much given up hope that Ed will ever get to producing this guy.  He's got way too many pots in his fire and as far as I can tell this pot isn't even near the fireplace.  I am looking into other options, but can't say more than that at this time.

• Like 2

Kickstart it!  

As if i don't have enough stress in my life.  :rolleyes:

Maybe you could sneak him into somebody else's kickstarter as a bonus goal. Everybody can gush about how cool it is that they have a sculpt to work from, rather than just concept art.  ^_^

I forgot: Is this painted one the original, or one of the test castings?

Edit: Never mind. Found the answer further up the thread.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1