future bones dragon prices----- after kickstarter

cornbread

I would love if they did the unit box sets in BONES. I do agree that there needs to be at minimum 4 different poses per troop type to avoid the cookie cutter army look. If you can get 4 different poses with unique command figures then the unit will look cohesive without looking repetitive. Using the bones material would make it really easy to do some minor weapon swaps and repositioning of arms and such. This would be a boon for wargamers! and I think the larger the sets ,the cheaper per figure price can be offered making them more than competitive with Mantic, or better yet affordable enough to buy both!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're told the Bones plastic glues very well with superglue, so that should help. Still , for fast and simple conversions you need a couple of similar minis. Those big bastard orcs would have a lot of potential, for example.

I'm just guessing, but if the molds make several miniatures per cast and the main expense is by far the molds, then I expect Reaper will be putting out several poses and equipment options for many "horde" and "squad" type models. That would be because having several unique sculpts made, to then be machined into the mold would be only few percent more expensive than one sculpt machined several times; the art, ie the original sculpture, is so much cheaper than the machined steel.

That will mean lots of options, just with weapon swaps, and I expect the softish plastic will be fairly easy to cut..

Conversions with bones are super easy, but that's not going to be a selling point for those wanting to quickly build line units.

Even if the figs were built specifically with joints that are easily cuttable and repositionable, most folks will look at a set of figs and say they are either multipose or not and multipart or not.

I'm sure there are some things we can all cut out of our lives to save a little money. Coffee. Cigarettes. Meals out. Food in general. Electricity. Organs. Children.

I bet I could get the $1000 I want easily for my 3 year old. He's very cute and well behaved. :devil:

Wait a minute???? Qwk is actually suggesting to someone about giving up coffee! Get outta here! I can almost see him selling the kid for metal/bones, but giving up his coffee, no flippin' way!

• Like 1

At this time, there has been no appreciable impact on the sales, although this may be skewed because until this project, the majority of Bones figures were NIC in metal. We do anticipate a shift in volume, but are prepared to work within the new paradigm. Also, any other buzzwords I can think of.

One of the plus sides of being a manufacturer is that any built up stock of metal versions can simply be thrown into the pot for melting down and recasting as a different sculpt.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no real change in sales though. People buying individual metal miniatures and painting them can get attached to metal and might just choose the higher priced metal option even with a bones one available. It's entirely possible that the Bones version will simply grow the customer base rather than cannibalize sales of metal models.

• Like 1

I have done a half-dozen conversions already, including mods done with Green Stuff. I have not had any problems getting it to adhere, which actually surprised me at first.

Makes sense. If the plastic you're using doesn't need priming, it already has a surface that's conducive to putty.

I'm just wondering what the very best glue would be. Has anyone done a serious comparison test between different types of glue yet?

I'm sure there are some things we can all cut out of our lives to save a little money. Coffee. Cigarettes. Meals out. Food in general. Electricity. Organs. Children.

I bet I could get the $1000 I want easily for my 3 year old. He's very cute and well behaved. :devil:

Sure I can cut some of thoes but without cigarettes I cannot paint.... SO thoes stay!