Does anyone else keep checking the KICKSTARTER website?

cornbread

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep is for the weak.

Yes. The Week After Kickstarter Ends! Ba-Dum Bum!

Oh, I have no idea how much time is in this - I do a lot of the behind the scenes graphics and text writing, but so does Ron. Ed and Matt manage the business angle/costs/etc. and Ron and I mostly developed the rewards themselves. Then from home, I watch the ticker so i can update the goals, and answer questions. How much time do I spend a day? All of it. And I'm as addicted to the ticker as you guys, This is the most exciting and fun work has been for me in a long time!

I will be curious to see how badly hammered Kickstarter's servers get towards the end of this. With Sedition Wars the entire system kept crashing during the last 48 hours as the goals started flying through with last minute bidders and people refreshing the site. They basically created a Denial of Service attack on accident.

My obsessiveness has me predicting we will reach the 175k elves stretch goal within 10 minutes of 6pm Central time.

Not far from our estimate! And I like that, becuase it means I can have dinner at a normal time.

Hmm. My prediction model is wrong, because it's now saying that we should be hitting 175k NOW.

Gonna have to work on perfecting it tomorrow.

Either that, or someone needs to pony up $3k now....

• Super Administrators

With Reaper's widget, maybe we won't have to overload the KS servers?

Just Reaper's?

:devil:

Heh. No love for Kickstarter from us in that regard. My widget polls their data. Every reload equals another hit.

Keep hammering' guys!

I will be curious to see how badly hammered Kickstarter's servers get towards the end of this. With Sedition Wars the entire system kept crashing during the last 48 hours as the goals started flying through with last minute bidders and people refreshing the site. They basically created a Denial of Service attack on accident.

I'm surprised by that. Those Sedition Wars backers must've meant business!

I don't remember any serious problems with the Order of the Stick Kickstarter, and that ended with nearly 15,000 backers. (Althought, I admit, I wasn't checking in all that frequently to see how it was doing.)

My obsessiveness has me predicting we will reach the 175k elves stretch goal within 10 minutes of 6pm Central time.

Not far from our estimate! And I like that, becuase it means I can have dinner at a normal time.

Hmm. My prediction model is wrong, because it's now saying that we should be hitting 175k NOW.

Gonna have to work on perfecting it tomorrow.

Either that, or someone needs to pony up $3k now....

I wouldn't worry I look at it as a nice surprise for tomorrow morning. ::):