Does anyone else keep checking the KICKSTARTER website?

cornbread

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep is for the weak.

Yes. The Week After Kickstarter Ends! Ba-Dum Bum!

Oh, I have no idea how much time is in this - I do a lot of the behind the scenes graphics and text writing, but so does Ron. Ed and Matt manage the business angle/costs/etc. and Ron and I mostly developed the rewards themselves. Then from home, I watch the ticker so i can update the goals, and answer questions. How much time do I spend a day? All of it. And I'm as addicted to the ticker as you guys, This is the most exciting and fun work has been for me in a long time!

I will be curious to see how badly hammered Kickstarter's servers get towards the end of this. With Sedition Wars the entire system kept crashing during the last 48 hours as the goals started flying through with last minute bidders and people refreshing the site. They basically created a Denial of Service attack on accident.

My obsessiveness has me predicting we will reach the 175k elves stretch goal within 10 minutes of 6pm Central time.

Not far from our estimate! And I like that, becuase it means I can have dinner at a normal time.

Hmm. My prediction model is wrong, because it's now saying that we should be hitting 175k NOW.

Gonna have to work on perfecting it tomorrow.

Either that, or someone needs to pony up $3k now....

• Super Administrators

With Reaper's widget, maybe we won't have to overload the KS servers?

Just Reaper's?

:devil:

Heh. No love for Kickstarter from us in that regard. My widget polls their data. Every reload equals another hit.

Keep hammering' guys!

I will be curious to see how badly hammered Kickstarter's servers get towards the end of this. With Sedition Wars the entire system kept crashing during the last 48 hours as the goals started flying through with last minute bidders and people refreshing the site. They basically created a Denial of Service attack on accident.

I'm surprised by that. Those Sedition Wars backers must've meant business!

I don't remember any serious problems with the Order of the Stick Kickstarter, and that ended with nearly 15,000 backers. (Althought, I admit, I wasn't checking in all that frequently to see how it was doing.)

My obsessiveness has me predicting we will reach the 175k elves stretch goal within 10 minutes of 6pm Central time.

Not far from our estimate! And I like that, becuase it means I can have dinner at a normal time.

Hmm. My prediction model is wrong, because it's now saying that we should be hitting 175k NOW.

Gonna have to work on perfecting it tomorrow.

Either that, or someone needs to pony up $3k now....

I wouldn't worry I look at it as a nice surprise for tomorrow morning. ::):

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Goddesstio
      Got a prelaunch notification for Steamgforged's next project, Local legends
      There’s more to a tavern than just beer and brawling… Create unforgettable RPG campaigns with Epic Encounters: Local Legends!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/local-legends-1

I thought I could pass but then I saw this:

Hit me right in the pirate needs

I don't see a launch date yet though
    • By Pharaohs Workshop
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pharaohsworkshop/wasteland-container-house-1-pay-what-you-want?ref=6dz1m2

Great fit for all post-apo games and TTRPG and already funded. Check it out!

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-rise-of-the-city-states

I'm just gonna let them sell it:

Story
      This Kickstarter campaign is intended to expand the Going Native line of models. We have a lot of new models sculpted and ready to be cast, along with scores of newly designed models that are ready to head off to the sculptors. We are doing a lot of new things with this campaign than we have done with earlier campaigns. So lets get started -

Rise of the City States
      In the Americas, as in Europe, powerful states would rise out of small chiefdoms or towns. These states were mighty cities with formidable militaries often lead by savvy and charismatic kings, queens or princes.  While we will stretch beyond this from time to time, the City States will be the main theme of this campaign.

Physical Products
      Unlike Kickstarter campaigns, all of my models and kit Physical products and not printable files. The vast majority of my models have be hand sculpted and classically cast. This campaign is very much a celebration of craftsmanship. Man sized models are planned to be spun cast in metal. The larger than man sized models will be cast in resin.

It's shiny. There's a guy riding a giant starfish. How can you go wrong with that? >.>
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kikidoodle/into-the-void-a-black-cat-enamel-pin-series/description

Sod all to do with gaming, but I know we've got cat people with their own voids at home; and some of you might be into pins and need a Void of Blep of your own.
      Or.. heck, I'unno. Maybe you need void stickers or something.
    • By Lidless Eye
      Another fun project from Midlam, this time Gnome and Halfling Children.

Unlike most of their previous projects, they're having multiple stretch goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnome-and-halfling-children/description

Story

Most Halfling children (or Quarterlings) lead a happy carefree existence in the sleepy backwaters of the halfling lands, in preparation for their happy care free adulthood that they will spend in those same lands. 
      Gnome Children (or Gnomelings) generally play around their Gnome hill homes, told not to go too far, but equally, not to hang around inside the hill getting in everyone's way.
      Quarterlings and Gnomelings
      Welcome to our latest project, where we bring you the much anticipated junior Gnomes and Halflings!  These compliment Midlam Miniatures' large and growing range of Adult Gnomes and Halflings.  Here you can back one, the other, or both sets!
      Stretch Goal Levels #1 - #3 Unlocked!

Stretch Goals
      Unlike most of our Kickstarters which offer 1 or perhaps 2 miniatures, we are going to add a Halfling and Gnome Child miniature for ever £1000 we reach, until the classes are empty and we have run out of miniatures.  Some stretch goal miniatures might be  bigger than others and may count as two stretch goals (over £2000) due to their size and weight.