Does "Pink Soap" go bad?

haldir

Yes I know very stupid question. :blush:

I ask cause I've got a bottle & while it still seems to work like it suppose to, the color really isn't pink anymore. I've had the bottle for a few years. Heck I think maybe 10+ (the company/retail store I bought it from no longer exists)

Just thought I'd ask, thou I may just get a new bottle next time I'm over in Boise anyways.

thanks

RM

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unknown. All things chemical have a chance to break-down. It could be that it's no longer effective. It could be a dye that's faded due to light exposure.... like meat in a deli directly under florescents eventually goes gray, but it doesn't really affect it.

I've had it go "bad" by turning orange and getting very watery, but it was useless for cleaning anymore by that point. But that was a singular case. That bottle was at least 5-6 years old IIRC. (I used to keep it in my travel paint kit.)

Mostly it just dries up on me when the wife leaves the cap open for days... ::o: (She uses it for her watercolor brushes too.)