Sign in to follow this  
Rocketpropelledgames

Rocket Propelled Games bi-monthly newsletter and mini painting contest

Kit said I should introduce myself so here goes, I or should I say we , are a small group of gamers that are in the development phase of a new kind of modular terrain for use in any game system that uses minis, we will offer our terrain in every scale we can produce it in. As of right now we are designing for six different genres, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Horror, Urban zombie apocalypse, and Ancient Rome. We are seeking the involvement from the miniatures gaming community to help us produce a line of terrain that is truly designed with gamers in mind. Please send us any questions , concerns, ideas, or advice you may have.

Yesterday we released issue 01 of our terrain newsletter, in it you can find info about the terrain we are designing, what you can do to help, info about contests we are holding and much more to come. If you are not a subscriber it is not too late.

SUBSCRIBE today by sending an email to rocketpropelledgames@yahoo.com

About the contests:

~The mini painting contest will be a recurring type contest scheduled for twice a month.

~Entry is absolutely free, all that we require for entry is your Name and email address

Submission Rules

~ Submissions must be painted by you, no outsourcing please

~ You may only submit one entry for your submission

~ A entry may consist of any miniature that fits into the current theme.

~ Limit your submission to 5 or less images.

~All submissions should be made through a facebook message or via ouremail listed above.

Reaping the rewards

~ whomever wins the bi-monthly contest will get their miniature and a short bio featured on our facebook page and in our newsletter in the miniatures section.

~ All winners will also receive a voucher for free terrain , which will be delivered after production before it becomes available to the public

The theme and cutoff date

~ For the first theme we will be doing " A gnome illusionist of evil alignment " This is to be a miniature to represent the tavern owner from our article " A brief introduction to the tavern and its owner" which you will find in the image of our first newsletter below

~ The cutoff date to submit for entry into the contest will be August 30th @ 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time

bnuj2.jpg

To find pictures and more information be sure to visit us at:

http://www.facebook....tpropelledgames

Feel free to message us via:

http://twitter.com/RPGstandard

Best Regards and happy painting,

Rocket Propelled Games

rocketpropelledgames@yahoo.com

• Like 1

After looking back, we have realized that the theme we have selected is a mighty bit to specific so we thought we would expand on it a bit. Submissions may include any character that you might find in a tavern, (Fantasy miniatures only) . We have also decided to allow the submissions to be posted here under this thread. Keep in mind that submissions will still be excepted via email or facebook. If you have any suggestions on how we can broaden the scope of this competition let your voices be heard,

Thank you much,

Rocket Propelled Games

Nearing the end , only 5 days left to submit you entry for the mini painting contest before round 2 starts up. For clarification you may paint a mini other than a gnome wizard as long as it is a character you would expect to see in the tavern from the description in the newsletter. If you are not already subscribed to our newsletter , please send us an email at rocketpropelledgames@yahoo.com

Issue 1 is shown above, issue 2 is scheduled for release by the end of the week. Issue 2 will be much longer with a lot more content ranging from painting tips for beginners, New items and creatures for roll playing games, as well as encounters, and information about what we are working on. Hope to see lots more great submissions.

Here is my Evil Gnome.

I've converted his knife to a spanner with hand guard/hilt.

My photography is not good. I have a yellow light and a blue light and can't seem to get anything close to neutral. I think I'm going to get a light box and see what happens.

Hope you like the mini.

post-6830-0-53918300-1346090366_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow at midnight PST, the first session of the contest will come to a close, so please send in your submissions as soon as possible to avoid missing the cutoff. If you are having problems or have any questions, PM me and I will do my best to answer what ever questions you may have

Thanks to all of you who participated in the first round of the mini painting contest, we hope to see you all back for round 2. Round 1 has come to an end, for those that missed the opportunity fear not for round 2 begins with the release of the next issue of the newsletter with an entirely new theme.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By lexomatic
      Came across this article. Oh to have money, time, and space.

"The scenery and structures are his forte, rather than the locomotives and tracks. "I find beauty in what everyone else sees as ugly - rugged skyscrapers, beaten-up warehouses, things that are very run down."
    • By Bartimeuase
      Inspired by Doug Sundseth’s red and white legionnaire, I did this mini for a paladin I want to play in an upcoming campaign. This guy offered a lot of fun details, especially the sword and sheath. I used Liquitex basics, with some Agrax Earthshade

• By Talae
      Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/clorehaven-and-the-goblin-grotto

The picturesque town of Clorehaven  
      A lively tavern, a variety of interesting and useful stores and fine lodgings is all the weary adventurer could ask  for.
      The locals seem polite and friendly. The beautiful stone and wood buildings tell you this small town is prosperous and will someday grow into a much larger city. But under the surface of the town, Clorehaven keeps a dark and foreboding secret.  
      Beneath the neat hedgerows and well-kept homes there lies a sprawling complex of caverns. 
      The deep goblins are a sniveling race of green-skins, plying their trade in the strange flora and fauna they gather from around mysterious pools. 
      Design and build your own medieval buildings using the Clorehaven OpenLOCK system. From simple houses to huge complex structures, anything is possible. 
      Explore the Goblin Grotto using the modular Grotto cavern system. Walls and floors can be combined to create a huge variety of underground caverns or above ground structures. 
      Who knows what’s in store for those above and what lies in the depths below. Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto - By Printable Scenery - the best 3D printable scenery in all the worlds. 
      All the models from Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto are delivered as optimized STL files to print on home 3D printers.
      If you take the All-In Pledge, you also receive the free bonus items.   
      Clorehaven Pledge :   Clorehaven is constructed using the OpenLOCK tile system where quality detailed modular and functional buildings can be constructed in any shape and size whilst maintaining the true 1" grid system used for most role playing games. 
      This pledge contains the models to build the Townhouse, Cottage, Homestead, Grand Hostel, Cabin, Tavern, Chalet, Watchtower and Schist Stone Fences.  The Clorehaven Pledge includes the stretch goals labelled Clorehaven.
       As the Kickstarter progresses the free stretch goals will grow and expand Clorehaven from a town into a city.
      Goblin Grotto Pledge:  The free form caverns create natural and expansive cavern maps and tunnel systems quickly and dynamically. The cavern floors are designed to have a comparable 1" grid system for RPG whilst still maintaining the natural rock form.
       PLAY This pledge contains the Moon Effigy, the Goblin Cavern Floors, The Cavern Walls, The Cavern Tunnels, the Cavern Bridge, Rickety Bridges and the Gloom Creeper. The Goblin Grotto Pledgeincludes the stretch goals labelled Goblin Grotto.
       All of our 3D-printable models begin their life as hand drawn concepts. From there we digitally sculpt the models to create high detail STL files. The models are test printed and painted before released so that you know each model from Printable Scenery will print perfectly. 
       Printable Scenery created the OpenLOCK system in 2016. Since then it has become the standard. Its innovative seamless locking system revolutionized dungeon system. Printable Scenery open-sourced the design and it allows for free commercial use to third party designers such as Open Forge.
      The Free Stretch Goals are a big part of our Kickstarters. The more stretch goals we hit, the more models you will get. So join us in this grand adventure and discover the stretch goals beyond.  

The bonus items listed below are free with the All-In Pledge.   
        If you want  an add-on you need to add the amount to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Note: If you want to get Add-Ons but not any of the main pledges then you can make a pledge for the amount for the Add-Ons only. To do this: 
      1. Select 'Back this Project'  2. Select '$1 or more -  Add-Ons Only' 3. Enter the amount for the Add-Ons.  Once the campaign closes you will be sent a link to the pledge manager to select the add-ons that you picked.
        Ruined Winterdale II Add-On NZ$30
      Back by popular demand, the Ruined Winterdale II Add-On contains 5 never before ruined buildings. To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$30 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Dungeon Booster Add-On NZ$50 
      The Dungeon Booster Add-on contains walls and floors that are designed to boost your Rampage dungeon encounters.  To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$50 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.  
        Previous Kickstarter add-ons are bundled items that have been requested by backers from previous campaigns. 
      Click on the links below to see the list of models that are part of each Add-On.  (eg. the Lost Tribes contains 13 models)
    • By ultrasquid
      I didn't see this listed so:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

I received an engineering sample of the product today. They're made of hard gray injection-molded plastic, my guess would be ABS from its hardness and density. The floor and wall ties fit together tightly, though it takes a bit of effort that likely would wear at paint on those surfaces had they been painted. Due to response from earlier sample recipients, the production tiles will be slightly larger than the samples.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 284 Guests (See full list)