what are you going to do with your kickstarter Bones?

Inarah

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me? Well, I'm going to try to make a diorama. I'm not sure how I would set it up yet, but I think it will be awesome.

I actually think I'd like to try my hand at this, now, as well, having as many minis as I'm going to have.

However, as I've had minis out on display for extensive periods of time before... how do people who display their dioramas keep from getting dusty?

• Like 1

To be quite honest, I think quite a few of them are going to get chopped up for bitz... I'm in for the Vamp level, but there's quite a few of those minis I either don't particularly care for or have no use for, at least not as a whole mini.

So when the stuff arrives I'm going to happily begin manaically breaking/hacking/cutting them into little pieces and start gluing them back together in bizarre and unatural ways, lol...

(But really cool-looking bizarre and unatural ways, of course.)

There's a number of ideas I've had for conversions over the past couple years, but I haven't been willing to shell out the money for the miniatures just to indulge my urge to destroy mess with tinker.

• Like 1

However, as I've had minis out on display for extensive periods of time before... how do people who display their dioramas keep from getting dusty?

Get a better vacuum. With *good* filters it doesn't blow so much dust around the house every time you use it. You know that dusty "just vacuumed" smell? That's your machine blowing gunk from your carpet onto your display figures.

To be quite honest, I think quite a few of them are going to get chopped up for bitz... I'm in for the Vamp level, but there's quite a few of those minis I either don't particularly care for or have no use for, at least not as a whole mini.

So when the stuff arrives I'm going to happily begin manaically breaking/hacking/cutting them into little pieces and start gluing them back together in bizarre and unatural ways, lol...

(But really cool-looking bizarre and unatural ways, of course.)

There's a number of ideas I've had for conversions over the past couple years, but I haven't been willing to shell out the money for the miniatures just to indulge my urge to destroy mess with tinker.

This will probably be the fate of some of mine. The IMEF sniper will probably have her weapon swapped out for something a little less ridiculous and may end up shuffled in with the NOVAS as stand-in imperial guard or stormtroopers, while the rest of the marines owuld make a good scout squad; Swap out the chaingun for a heavy bolter. The rest...I can always use some generic fantasy models, but if one of them has a cool gubbin I need, it;s going under the knife

Get a better vacuum. With *good* filters it doesn't blow so much dust around the house every time you use it. You know that dusty "just vacuumed" smell? That's your machine blowing gunk from your carpet onto your display figures.

Or These and they stack ;-)

31FmcRZWKnL._SS400_.jpg

I'm first gonna feed my "I want it all" hunger and then stare and drool many hours at all the minis (especially the box of lovely Sophies).

Then I'll try to think of a way to explain the missus how impossible it was to ignore a bargain like this, which is ultra-rare these days in miniature-world... and hope she'll believe me there's another load coming up in March/April 2013 which was already included in this bargain.

In the end I hope to get a good few painted when time lets me (after building a house with a huge hobby-room)...

1. Paint (hopefully)

2. Populate my Heroquest revamped modular dungeon

I'll also use them for regular roleplaying games, I play a number of fantasy based settings including Stormbringer, Warhammer Fantasy, and D&D. The Chromoscopes and Novas though I feel are perfect for Shadowrun. So, while I wasn't in love with the the Sci-fi bones at first I'm actually quite excited to get back into the setting now.

• Like 3

Me? Well, I'm going to try to make a diorama. I'm not sure how I would set it up yet, but I think it will be awesome.

I actually think I'd like to try my hand at this, now, as well, having as many minis as I'm going to have.

Easiest solution? Buy a plastic display case (Trumpeter makes some in various sizes, and 1/18 or 1/24 car display cases are common) and build it inside that.

I did a one-shot 1/700 scale destroyer diorama "at sea" and built it in one of the smaller Trumpeter cases. Worked quite well, actually, until a strong breeze blew it from its precarious perch while I was moving things around and, well, that was the end of that.

Moral of the story is: if you've spent 5 weeks on something, don't perch it in front of an open window on a rickety stack of books. Not even for a minute.

ETA: I see Galahad beat me to it!

Moral of the story 2: Read the whole thread. :-p

• Like 2