what are you going to do with your kickstarter Bones?

I've been thinking about this since I threw down my money for the Vampire level. I want to run a game that goes through the entire set. I want to use all of the miniatures that I purchased through the Kickstarter and It'll take a bit of planning to figure out, but I have months before I get the figs. There's such a wide range of product lines that I may wind up pulling together my own setting to make it work. It's a little crazy, but I think I could have some fun with it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just set them all up on the coffee table and MARVEL at them for a while, to begin with.

I'm going to dive into the box and swim around like Scrooge McDuck in his gold vault. Many of them are going to be NPCs in our ongoing enormous homebrew campaign. We're making up future encounters e

Pretty much decided that if I get a Vampire box with those faulty face moulds that people have pointed out, I can't be bothered reporting the problem to Reaper but am going to save them and paint them

Let me think - most will get painted eventually but will join the hordes that my partner/DM sends against us to fight... However I know what is going to happen with a few of them already...

1st - Cassie, Female gnome wizard is getting painted into my character Helencia, Female Kender Expert Chaos Mage.

2nd - Almaran the Gold - is getting painted to be the final form (as I am using the metal version for as he was when we started adventuring) of my Half Celestial Paladin Will - I am hoping for angel wings that I can eventually attach to the back. (Reaper, that is another thing I want Mods like wings, horns, shields, and weapons to modify our characters :) )

3rd -There are a lot of nice looking figures that I am going to keep as my stock to design characters around - like the evil queen out of the BBEGs and some of the gals from bedeviled.

I honestly don't know what I will do with most of these minis, other than add them to my load of stuff to paint. Probably use them to break up the painting blahs of doing a whole army. Some may make it into one of my 40K armies, others could be used for Malifaux..... some for RPG ing since I've been kinda wanting to check out Pathfinder... .

(Reaper, that is another thing I want Mods like wings, horns, shields, and weapons to modify our characters :) )

They do have wings, but they're metal. You could, of course, just get a metal almaran to put the metal wings on him, and attach him to an appropriate base to support the back-weight.

The large ones (dragons and friends) will likely be shelf pieces. A few of the smaller Bones are ones I've wanted to pick up for years just to paint for fun so these will break up army painting (40K, Orboros) and the ones I'm less keen on will be used as training pieces for my son who has expressed an interest in learning. I've given him some old pewter models (some Reaper, some GW) to paint already and we've gotten to the keeping paint on the model (as opposed to the whole base and down the tube the figure was attached to) and decent coverage. Not bad for a 3 and a half year old! Hopefully by the time the models arrive we'll be past the monochromatic paint jobs... ;-)

I've given him some old pewter models (some Reaper, some GW) to paint already and we've gotten to the keeping paint on the model (as opposed to the whole base and down the tube the figure was attached to) and decent coverage. Not bad for a 3 and a half year old! Hopefully by the time the models arrive we'll be past the monochromatic paint jobs... ;-)

Rahz,

This gives me hope that my munchkin might be able to paint a little sooner than I'd thought. He'll be almost 4 when the bones arrive, but he's already a genius with a crayon.

@ the Inner Geek

Sounds like your son is the same age as mine. He LOVES painting and when he noticed my minis and I told him I had painted them... well I was terrified by the twinkle in his eye and the 2 days of "I paint bonhommes?" (French term for little men). "I paint bonhommes (with) you?"... I'm glad I caved.

Another use I just came up with is tokens for my MTG Goblin deck! Why use pennies/goblin token cards when I can put goblins down!!! So can't wait...

what can i say my undead army needs some friends. storm giants of the pale dead kind with cthulu and kaladrax behind and where is mr Bones hideing oh he is on the back of nethyrmaul his new friend. but seriously all fantasy and undead will be joining the undead the other scifi ones will join my marines as imperial guard allies. *as i conspire with the original lord of death Nagash. i think ill buy some more werewolf bones and form a bonega line of course my metal reaper vampires are going to just stare at the white figures as they are painted. and not to mention the undead goblin horde to charge head first at the enemies line. now to buy hundreds of square bases of many sizes.

Chronoscape sci-fi is going to Sedition Wars; IMEF becomes Firebrand, NOVA becomes Vanguard. Some nice alt models for those factions.

Some will go to Arkham Horror, some will maybe even make it into Blood Bowl conversions...

Also looking to get into something like Descent.

Will start Pathfinder campaign. It was a whille when I used to DM DnD3.5. Hopes hight that pathfinder will be good rpg

Pathfinder has a free SRD document, as well as low-level "Free RPG Day" downloads. The "We be Goblins" miniatures are based on the Free RPG Day download of the same name!

Learning to Paint.

This Kickstarter pulled me in with it's incredible value, and I've been considering learning to paint over the last year but have avoided it due to the cost.

I'm seriously considering getting the Orcpocalypse just so I can have a bunch of figures to start on (25 orcs) that I won't be too upset with if I mess up --- Not as upset as I'd be if I messed up a "unique" figure (as in, one that I only have one of).

I'll also probably trade some.

Oh, and I'll be using some as proxies for monster from Descent first edition in Descent second edition.

I'm seriously considering getting the Orcpocalypse just so I can have a bunch of figures to start on (25 orcs) that I won't be too upset with if I mess up --- Not as upset as I'd be if I messed up a "unique" figure (as in, one that I only have one of).

This brings up a question I've been wondering about. I've not messed with any bones minis in the past. Can they be stripped and repainted? As I'm writing this, it occurs to me that I'm on a forum full of information... but I'll thank anyone in advance for enabling my lazy lack of search-age.