The Miniature Training Diet (For Us KickStarter Peeps)

Thes Hunter

Ooooooo Pretty Cashwiley!!!! I like um a lot!

I know I have a few ral partha sitting around myself somewhere.... I wonder where I put them!

Welcome back to the fold!! And Happy Painting, and please keep posting your progress here too, and I will try to check out your blog sometime!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it kosher to WIP minis from other companies? If so, I'll c&p it into here, I'd like as much feedback as possible since I'm using it to learn techniques I've never used before (right now I'm doing 2-brush blending and mixing multi-color layers).

edit - by 'here' I mean the WIP subforum!

I don't really have as many unpainted metals as most (it seems), but I do have a ton of unpainted plastic. Descent 1/2 and expansions + the D&D games make about 300 miniatures all in all. I've probably painted at least 60-70 of them so far. The rest will succumb to my brush before March!

Most of my current unpainted metal stuff (and a few D&D guys saying hi in the background). Lots of heresy, some outworld, some reaper metals:

P5k4D.jpg

And some of the board game stuff:

GdZTn.jpg

Is it kosher to WIP minis from other companies? If so, I'll c&p it into here, I'd like as much feedback as possible since I'm using it to learn techniques I've never used before (right now I'm doing 2-brush blending and mixing multi-color layers).

edit - by 'here' I mean the WIP subforum!

Yes it's ok. Go for it! This is a very supportive community.

There are contests periodically where it's Reaper-only, but otherwise you can post any brand. Halloween contest coming soon.

Araziel - You are ambious to include all the Decent and D&D board game minis in your unpainted queue to have finished by March. (I have included the Descent in mine only because they are already cleaned and primed, and my soon to be husband counts them against me when he says "You already have enough minis, why do you need more.) :)

Good luck, and I would love to see your progress!

Araziel - You are ambious to include all the Decent and D&D board game minis in your unpainted queue to have finished by March. (I have included the Descent in mine only because they are already cleaned and primed, and my soon to be husband counts them against me when he says "You already have enough minis, why do you need more.) :)

Good luck, and I would love to see your progress!

Well, I'm not quite sure I'll finish the D&D ones in time, at least they're at the back of the queue. I do hope to finish Descent asap though as it sees a lot of table time (2e sure helped with that!).

Also, using quickshade helps for the tabletop-abuse-and-nothing-else paint jobs, so I'm kind of cheating :P

After being away from painting minis for 2 decades (changing diapers and school taxi took over my life) I'm finally able to have my own life back. (YEAY!!!) I have 45 minis on hand- including 2 original, boxed, unpainted Ral Partha minis that I had back in the day that the ex got custody of that I have finally found for sale online- the Elf Chariot and Balrog (MY FAVORITE!). I have just purchased 23 from eBay, 1 from Miniature Giant, and 12 from Reaper (several are Bones figures so I can get used to painting plastic). Oh yeah- and close to 700 from the Kickstarter which includes 4 Sophies that I guess we'll be getting next month. Included in this count are several dragons, the chariot, balrog, many mice (love the mouselings!) and I have managed to find & purchase all the Legion of Justice figures which I'm super excited about!!

My September is over-booked so I'll get started in October. ::(: I'd love to enter the Halloween contest (our family's biggest holiday) but I have discovered that I don't have "Halloween appropriate" minis other than the mouselings- which I suppose I could do.... Or I could do more shopping!! Sigh... too many decisions, not enough time.

I have quite a few unpainted GW minis and some Descent models as well. Though before I found out about the kicstarter my painting urge kinda left me. Hopefully with these next few months I will get that urge back and then I won't have 200 plus minis just sitting around my basement unfinished, when these reaper models arrive to backlog me for the next several years. It is a very unfortunate side effect of not having a regular gaming group where I live. We just recently got a FLGS back in town, so I am hoping that there are others in town who play rpgs, and wargames.

My backlog of unpainted minis is marked by era. Buglips would break into a cold sweat if he could see the boxes of old unpainted Parthas and Genadiers I have, still in mint condition that I had picked up in '96 when a local game store went belly up. That's not to mention the hordes of new Reapers I've bought since then and the Reptus army I got for Christmas last year. All are still quite shiny.

:blink: If you ever want to lighten the load and trim out some of that old Grenadier, send me a note! :blush:

So guys, let's see what unpainted collections you want to work through, and the progress you make on your goals!

Well here is part of my unpainted collection, definitely not going to be able to paint even a small fraction of it by the time the Bones arrive. I average about 20 minis a year, my husband paints also but he does so even less frequently maybe about 10 a year. So without buying any more I think it could last a good long while. My goal this year is to paint my circle army for Hordes pretty ambitious goal for me, but I think if I speed paint the units it could be managed.

Here you go some pictures of my minis of shame.

My Reaper and warmachine drawer

post-5971-0-92850900-1346537889_thumb.jpg

My Darksword drawer

post-5971-0-13399500-1346537953_thumb.jpg

More Reaper and various other manufacturers

post-5971-0-53635500-1346538007_thumb.jpg

box sets

post-5971-0-31270200-1346538058_thumb.jpg

post-5971-0-40721100-1346538086_thumb.jpg

post-5971-0-42756400-1346538110_thumb.jpg

and the stuff currently on the table

post-5971-0-70611700-1346538152_thumb.jpg