What factions can I make out of the Bones Vampire Pledge.

Vonether

I was thinking of getting back into Warlord (had to ebay my book and figs during hard times quite a ways back -- for some of us the recession stretches back to 9/11). And the Vampire pledge is looking ridiculous, especially since you can waive your Sophie fig for $25 in add ons.

So what's the best mix of add ons to create a faction in Warloard and what faction is it?

It seems that the Necropolis and Reven are promising. Not so sure about Dwarves and Crusaders.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kargir is the clear leader, and since in general concept there is significant overlap with them and Reven, Reven would also be easy with proxies. Necropolis is looking pretty good; there are enough proxy candidates to make a nice list from. Everything else is bits and pieces. A good reveal or two could change that.

~v

If you count the Dark Elves as Vampires, or the armoured bad dudes as wights, and +option the Undead Horde, that would work OK right?

But I think the Orcpocalypse contains mostly sculpts that are already in the Kargir faction, yes?

There was a post here:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/40584-black-orcs-of-kargir/page__pid__623015__st__30#entry623015

Vince you keep forgetting Mercs, which the KS can do in spades, at least in proxie models. Also we have a nice start on Dwarves, Crusaders and Icingstead.

Well, here's the rub with almost any faction outside the ones I mentioned earlier: lack of unified grunts. Not saying that you can't proxy the hell out of any faction, but the lack of good, unified appearing grunts of multiple types hamstrings pretty much everything except Reven, Kargir, and Necropolis. One good reveal could blow the lid off that for just about any faction though; there are enough good leader-type models (actual Warlord or proxies) for Crusaders, Overlords, Elves, Dwarves, Nefsokar, icingstead, etc. that it would only take a couple consistent grunts to change the landscape for those factions.

~v

If you count the Dark Elves as Vampires, or the armoured bad dudes as wights, and +option the Undead Horde, that would work OK right?

But I think the Orcpocalypse contains mostly sculpts that are already in the Kargir faction, yes?

There was a post here:

http://www.reapermin..._30#entry623015

Absolutely. Necros is very do-able, especially when you add the handful of pre-paint LEs that are not in Bones yet (but will be). That gets you Naomi and gargoyles.

And yes, that was my post about the Kargir; the black orcs in the KS are the official Kargir models, as are the gnolls. No proxy necessary. ::):

~v

My friend is doing an Icingstead proxy army using the fire giants and the fire elemental as the ice golem. I think he was going to use the larger orcs for the yetis. He hasn't figured out the frost wyrm yet and the Pathfinder Red is replacing Deathsleet.

Great opportunites here for armies.