Arthur, Blade of Heaven

Kuro Cleanbrush

Well, I've been MIA for quite a while on the forums, but a looming D&D campaign finally forced me to paint again. This mini is for a friend of mine in the campaign that Captain jOE and I have been preparing for, so Arthur will team up with Captain jOE's last two minis to quest for truth and justice. Now I just need to finish my own character mini over the next couple of days. ::):

Thanks for looking! (And another big thanks to all of my ReaperCon instructors! I have a long way to go, but I really feel like I learned a whole lot over the course of the weekend!)

post-7158-0-74117600-1345692256_thumb.jpg

post-7158-0-09342300-1345692276_thumb.jpg

post-7158-0-28951700-1345692290_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say that gem look great but needed a white highlight on the front then realized it was out of focus so instead I'm going to just say "That gem looks great!". The blue scales are done very well too.

Don't forget to enter him in the current painting excuses contest either.

Thanks very much, guys!

I really have been out of the loop; I didn't even notice the new contest, but I will totally enter! First, though, I think I'll finish my character mini over the next couple of days and retake the pictures of this guy. After that, I'm afraid my engineering classes will force me back into semi-retirement for the rest of the semester... Such is life, I guess. :;):

Thanks all!

Since everyone seems to like the blue that I used on his shield, I thought I would briefly describe what I did. The middle color was MSP Brilliant Blue (my new favorite paint color of all time, passing up GW's old Regal Blue), and then I worked down to MSP Ritterlich Blue and finally Blue Liner. To finish things, I worked up to MSP HD Dragon Blue, followed by MSP HD Ice Blue, and finally a last highlights of Ice Blue and MSP Ghost White. In most instances, I did only a 1:1 mix in between each color, but the lighter colors occassionally tended to need an additional transition step.