Metalchaos

02197, Blood Imps

They look really good, but the bright blue weapons pull the eyes from the figure. Great contrast on the reds.

I agree, they look good but I had to force myself to look at the figure and away from the weapons.

They look really good, but the bright blue weapons pull the eyes from the figure. Great contrast on the reds.

I agree, they look good but I had to force myself to look at the figure and away from the weapons.

For sure the blue color contrast with the red skin color, but then only magically enhanced weapons can damage Giant Skull Scarab exoskeleton. And, since these infernal Beetle are immune to fire, electrically charged ice crystals seemed to be a good option to me.

Just for the fun of it, I took some time to modify those two pictures just to see how the weapon could have look painted with an incandescent metal tone.

Personally, since that’s the hardest part to paint for me, I'm particularly happy about their eyes. I think the pink beard also add some fantasy.

post-5669-0-91408300-1346210508.jpg post-5669-0-01025800-1346210510.jpg

post-5669-0-22453100-1346210511.jpg post-5669-0-41191700-1346210512.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrokenWolf668
      I couldn't come up with a scheme I liked for this guy, then me and friend were talking about tv shows we used to watch,  and she said Gargoyles and it just sorta clicked. Kinda simple but I think it turned out ok.

• By Pochi
      I painted an eyebeast for the D&D Painting class I was teaching One of the techniques we were working on was blending so I wanted to make sure that I chose colors that the techniques would show well hence the bright green and pink. The class was fun and everyone's eyebeasts turned out great!

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Slimux (A Demon Gardener) and Mulch (His loyal Plough Snail), characters from the Nurgle Demon faction for the Warhammer games by Games Workshop.

Glad to get this one finished at last, it's been sitting at around 80% done for about a year.
      I'm really happy with how Mulch turned out, less so with Slimux, I think I just used too many similar colours on him (and yellow eyes wasn't a great idea either).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      I constructed this in the 2018 Bones Mash-up at Reapercon.  The wings do not go with the body, and one of the arms is not original.  I forget what the weapon was but I cut it off the bone handle and added a wicked looking blade from my bits box.  He was kind of boring all in grey and white, so I added a dab of blood, and put some orange into his bat wings.   He's on a Secret Weapon base that has added sand to fill in weird gaps. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)