Will the Vampire Level be available after the kick starter?

HeadClot88

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listen to the podcast over on Nerdherders http://www.nerdherderspodcast.com/exclusive-reaper-miniatures-kickstarter-interview/ where they interview Bryan Stiltz, he states that it will take up to 7 or 9 days for Amazon to finalize their end (if payments are declined, customers have a set number of days to get their end sorted out) and communicate their findings to KS who will then take up to 2 weeks to inform Reaper who then need to act on the information received. Hopefully their turn around time will be pretty quick but you're looking at up to 3 weeks from today when Reaper will finally have the money and the information on who pledged what. THEN they can release the pledge manager.

fyi, Latest Reaper comments in the update say you can purchase a Vampire pledge for $150 if you did not pledge at all.

"We are going to send another update soon with this and more information. One key element will be if you did not pledge at all and want to still get involved, you will have to enter at the Vampire Level and it will be $150 and not $100 as a base price. It's going to retail at $500 so it will still be a great deal. You will also have to pay the extra 20% for the options and extras. Pledging during the campaign has it's privileges. We are sorry if you missed it.

Yeah, thumbs up from me too. I wish this was more prominent in the last days, so comment stream questions like "Can I pledge $1 now and decide later?" could have been answered with more than "Yes, technically, but please pledge now." Something like "it's going to cost you $50+ more later" would have been great ammo to twist those folks' arms. :)

And I want to be 100% clear: If you BACKED us, your Vampire is honored at $100, and Prices are honored EXACTLY as stated in the Kickstarter.

But I'm heading off to PAX, and we can offer them what is still an amazing deal at $150/Vampire, and all Options at +20% higher than backers got, which does, as Orlando says, mean the 17,744 got the best deal, and everybody else still gets a good deal.

After all, 240 minis for $150 is still awesome.

And I want to be 100% clear: If you BACKED us, your Vampire is honored at $100, and Prices are honored EXACTLY as stated in the Kickstarter.

But I'm heading off to PAX, and we can offer them what is still an amazing deal at $150/Vampire, and all Options at +20% higher than backers got, which does, as Orlando says, mean the 17,744 got the best deal, and everybody else still gets a good deal.

After all, 240 minis for $150 is still awesome.

This will sound super petty, but will the late comers also get the Mr. Bones mini or is it Kickstarter only? It's really just curiosity. If so, perhaps he could be changed to be holding a sign that reads, "Better late than never"? And will we Kickstarter backers get priority when the packages start rolling out the doors next spring? And since I'm asking a lot of silly questions, if we are local, can we pick up our Bones or would that just cause more trouble than it's worth?

Mr Bones will be available to them, but it was also stated he will be available for retail purchase after the project ships. He was never declared an exclusive.

And yes, Backers first. Retailers, first, consumers, 2nd, distributors 3rd, latecomers 4th.

Locals may elect to pick up their parcels here, or ReaperCon attendees may request that we hold it for them until ReaperCon.

what's the difference between a retailer and a distributor? o.o

A retailer is a retail store.

A distributor is a company that acts as a go-between with retailers and manufacturers. They buy from many manufacturers, and act as a one-stop-point-of-contact for store owners. Rather than the retailer calling 20 companies a week to restock, they call one distributor, who buys from nearly everyone.

In ideal situations, we sell primarily to distributors, who sell to stores, who then sell to consumers. We have a rather large catalog of over 4,000 figures. No single distributor could be expected to carry all of it. So, we do offer direct to retail and direct to consumer sales also.

Color me EXTREMLY dissapointed....

I found out about the kickstarter on the last day and had trouble making my pledge through kickstarter. I then watched the youtube videos reaper had on their kickstarted and they said that don't worry if you miss out you can still make a pledge after the kickstarter is over and you can use PAYPAL which was what I wanted to do. I was planning on buying a vampire level with every single add-on and now they just decided that "late-comers" or in my case people that had trouble making a kick-starter pledge in the first place will have to pay an extra 50 dollars for the vampire and an extra 20% for all extras!?

Wow, super bummer man.

No where before was it even advertised that there would be an increase in all pricing for those that had problems or came late to the party, heck it was implied the exact opposite, now only to find this out makes me really upset.

meh.

I'm sorry that you missed out.

I just watched the FAQ video where they mentioned the Reaper Pledge Manager, and I didn't hear any implication that prices would be the same if you hadn't pledged at all.

I don't know of any other Kickstarters that allow people who missed out to come in and buy in at the same amount during the drive, It might very well be against the Kickstarter rules to do so since that circumvents Kickstarter's role (and profit) when doing so.

As a side note, $150 for 230 or so minis is still a hell of a deal; and, at a per mini basis, better than the deal was when many of us originally pledged.

Ron

• Like 1