Sign in to follow this  
Helaman

Suggestion for the Kickstarter - wider options.

There are a few of the sculpts out there that I'd have liked to have seen multiples of - is there a chance to have them added to the pledge manager tool as extras?

Example - the Direwolf figure. IF you add that to the Pledge Manager, I'm likely to add 3 to 4 more to my order within my current 'spend'. The wraith with sword? Heck, will take another 2 of those etc.

Make the price at $1 each (more expensive that the current average of 40-50 cents each), or maybe $1.50.

Also how about the idea of including some of the current range - use the current pricing if you wish (though I'd not say no to a discount on that :D) but it saves a lot of hassle and shipment if you can just make a mega order of the new and current and send it out in one hit and again, taps into those who have already spent but want MORE...

Hopefully either or both of these ideas will get more of your products to your new customers AND get you some extra revenue.

Edit: Additional idea? Anyone wanting to use these options to get additional singles OR current range? Simply say that this option is for any customers willing to let their order ship April instead of March - gives you guys some breathing space otherwise March will simply be hell.

• Like 1

The KS drive is over, so I can't see Reaper adding any more options to the pledge manager just because someone suggested it.

However, I do foresee Reaper moving the vast majority--if not the entirety--of their various ranges over to Bones. The success of the few bones that Reaper has already is incredibly auspicious in the best possible way.

In plain english; You'll likely see your dire wolves soon enough, just probably not as one of the KS drive options.

The KS drive is over, so I can't see Reaper adding any more options to the pledge manager just because someone suggested it.

If no one ever suggests it then the odds are infinitely lower... plus there IS a bottom line benefit in increased sales AND using it as an incentive for backers to push back the shipment dates a bit so that they can get SOME sleep in March 13'

• Like 2

I like the idea of pushing back the dates and allowing for some customization, but I doubt it's feasible considering most backers probably want 1 extra of something already released/included.

Wait until April-> and just order some at the regular price when they release, if it's just a few models the difference isn't that huge and you can get exactly what you'd like.

At least I asked Reaper this personally during the KS and they said no, and I doubt I was the only one, so they've probably heard the suggestion a few times :P

At least I asked Reaper this personally during the KS and they said no, and I doubt I was the only one, so they've probably heard the suggestion a few times :P

If enough customers ask, then you never know...

• Like 1

If enough customers ask, then you never know...

They only have 7 months to get what's pledged for into production, actually produced, shipped to them, sorted, packaged, and ready to be mailed out en masse to, like, 17,000 customers.

This is an enormous undertaking for a staff of 30 even if they're not running the Bones factory floor (this batch will be made in China).

What we revealed is what we're getting. Asking them to do more than that is asking too much.

• Like 8

I think they already have plenty of options. This isn't a basic store after all. There also needs to be some incentive to go back and purchase more models once they hit normal production. Wanted 3-4 owlbears but didn't have use for that many girffons? Well purchase the owlbear on its own when they are released.

I also wouldn't be surprised if many or all of the models in any given goal group are all part of the same mold. It might be possible, but probably a fair amount more work, to cast just a single model out of a mold. So they might not be able to cast Dark Elf with Swords and Dark Elf with Spear separately, or if they do it might be more work, so they wouldn't want you to be able to buy them separately at this point. With *just* the pledges to vampire level, not counting multiple vampire purchases or options they are at 3.95 million models. And with the average pledge per backer being at $193 you know there are a lot of multiple vampire purchases and a lot of options as well.

And just because... with 21 working days in March 2013 they would have to get out 835 orders per day to get all 17546 orders out (backers -skeleton and zombie levels whom don't get shipments)

With this many people in on the kickstarter there's also bound to be a few people who are hard to please, and if they don't get their stuff right away on the 1st they'll throw a fit. It's practically a statistical certainty.

What I'd like to see, at least from the Reaperinos here who seem like pretty swell people, is lots of patience and an eagerness to do what we can to make things easier for the Reaper crew. We know they're awesome, and they viewed this kickstarter as much our project is theirs. We've all got the plan, and hopefully the plan holds together (we don't know what might happen in the meantime, the factory could burn down).

We all showed exemplary team spirit through the kickstarter, so let's keep the pumped-up vibe going to carry us and the Reaper crew all the way through until we rip open our Bones boxes like little kids on Christmas morning.

I'm declaring a voluntary moratorium on demands or complaints from Buglipsia. An F5 Sophie shirt in the online store would be awesome, and probably not a whole lot to ask for, but lets go easy on our Reap Peeps for a while and not be too pushy. If anything does go wrong, we should strive to be their biggest base of support and mitigate against any barbarian hordes who get a case of the angries.

Who's with me?

• Like 12

I'd be fine waiting until ReaperCon to pick up my Bones, though I don't know if the person who went in with me feels the same. ;-> Certainly I think we need to keep the reality of the shipping challenge in mind and be patient with the fact that they will go out over a period of time and some will receive theirs earlier and so on.

I've certainly seen crankiness from Kickstarter backers on other projects. Mostly notably on board games when companies took games to a show like Gen Con before having mailed out all the backer copies. Which I sort of get, yet at the same time a big show like that is a rare marketing opportunity and you're asking them to pass up a lot of sales and advertising for your opportunity to 'go first'. Complaints of non-backers getting promo stuff that was listed as a backer perk are a little more valid, but I have faith that Reaper will keep Kickstarter Sophie to Kickstarters.

• Like 1

Standing with a goblin. Who'd of thunk it?

Yeah, well, this is bigger than our traditional emnity, smelly old dwarf. And your momma's beard was still patchy.

My mother didn't have a beard, ya nearsighted bugeater.

• Like 2

If no one ever suggests it then the odds are infinitely lower... plus there IS a bottom line benefit in increased sales AND using it as an incentive for backers to push back the shipment dates a bit so that they can get SOME sleep in March 13'

This is what I get for trying to be pleasant.

Trust me when I tell you that there's no way to justify making your unreasonable requests of reaper and ALL of their 17,000 odd backers.

They only have 7 months to get what's pledged for

which is like 4,700,000+ miniatures, plus paints and figure cases

into production, actually produced, shipped to them, sorted, packaged, and ready to be mailed out en masse to, like, 17,000 customers.

Case in point: The people at reaper HQ are already working their asses off for our benefit. Don't make their lives harder, Helaman.