Sign in to follow this  
Helaman

Suggestion for the Kickstarter - wider options.

MAYBE I was a bit harsh there, but here's how it is;

In just a few weeks, Reaper HQ (which is all of 30 people in a single office building) will be sortng, checking, packing and shipping paints, t-shirts, sophies and hats to a good portion of their 17,000+ backers.

The next six months will be taken up with Reaper HQ handling all of the little logistical bumps and curves of the production process, and probably by late february they'll be consumed with the task of receiving, unpacking, checking, sorting and double-checking 4,700,000+ miniatures, then re-packing and shipping those miniatures in packages of 36-700+ miniatures (some with figure cases) to the majority of their 17,000+ backers.

Now, between mid-late october and mid-late february, Reaper MIGHT come out with some of the miniatures from the kickstarter, such as the Grave Wraith you want, in their online store, or release other miniatures in bones such as the dire wolves you want, but don't get your hopes up, because they'll be pretty busy with other stuff.

On one hand, its only a few million minis to less than 20,000 customers, which shouldn't really be that to hard fufill from a logistics standpoint (initial mold projection may be another matter altogether).

However from a technical standpoint, adding more options increases complexity significantly and wasn't in the original plan - "mission creep" just sucks, they should just stick to their objective.

• Like 1

I really think that Reaper set the bar on how to do a KS, but there are definitely places for improvement. I think spacing out the options would be a start. There were so many up front that lots of people had to start dropping options to get other options they wanted. But, the map, the minis... even though i was not excited about every release, there definitely was something in it for everyone.

But the millions of minis to thousands of customers with the small staff that works there will be a tough run. I wish them well when the bones start appearing after the first of the year. I really feel for them today as they ramp up all the paints and the 17K+ Sophies..... I heard she comes in several pieces.

What I'd like to see, at least from the Reaperinos here who seem like pretty swell people, is lots of patience and an eagerness to do what we can to make things easier for the Reaper crew. We know they're awesome, and they viewed this kickstarter as much our project is theirs. We've all got the plan, and hopefully the plan holds together (we don't know what might happen in the meantime, the factory could burn down).

We all showed exemplary team spirit through the kickstarter, so let's keep the pumped-up vibe going to carry us and the Reaper crew all the way through until we rip open our Bones boxes like little kids on Christmas morning.

Here Here Buglips!!

• Like 1

What I'd like to see, at least from the Reaperinos here who seem like pretty swell people, is lots of patience and an eagerness to do what we can to make things easier for the Reaper crew. We know they're awesome, and they viewed this kickstarter as much our project is theirs. We've all got the plan, and hopefully the plan holds together (we don't know what might happen in the meantime, the factory could burn down).

We all showed exemplary team spirit through the kickstarter, so let's keep the pumped-up vibe going to carry us and the Reaper crew all the way through until we rip open our Bones boxes like little kids on Christmas morning.

Here Here Buglips!!

Screw that...

NERD [email protected]!! CON 03/01/13

:devil:

xnaderhook, in their defence, it's better to have your customers wishing they had more money to give you, than them wishing you had something for them to spend it on.

• Like 4

There are a few of the sculpts out there that I'd have liked to have seen multiples of - is there a chance to have them added to the pledge manager tool as extras?

Example - the Direwolf figure. IF you add that to the Pledge Manager, I'm likely to add 3 to 4 more to my order within my current 'spend'. The wraith with sword? Heck, will take another 2 of those etc.

Make the price at $1 each (more expensive that the current average of 40-50 cents each), or maybe $1.50.

Also how about the idea of including some of the current range - use the current pricing if you wish (though I'd not say no to a discount on that :D) but it saves a lot of hassle and shipment if you can just make a mega order of the new and current and send it out in one hit and again, taps into those who have already spent but want MORE...

Hopefully either or both of these ideas will get more of your products to your new customers AND get you some extra revenue.

Edit: Additional idea? Anyone wanting to use these options to get additional singles OR current range? Simply say that this option is for any customers willing to let their order ship April instead of March - gives you guys some breathing space otherwise March will simply be hell.

Lol helaman, I think you missed the point of the ks. The whole reason they had it was to raise funds for the very expensive molds. Molds for metals cost $100 max while molds for bones cost $5k -10k. They made choices in the models available based on the figs' popularity So adding more figs arbitrarily does not make sense and is counter to the whole drive.

Check out he podcast that is linked on these forums, everything will be much clearer (although they were clear from the beginning actually). Come to think of it, is this a troll thread?

Why are so many of you jumping down OP's throat? 1- She's right, it's a good idea and not that outrageous to ask for. 2- It's a suggestion, she didn't ask for FREE minis or more options. She's asking for the ability to buy more of the minis we're getting already, for the set of 30 to be split up a bit so she can buy multiples of specific minis without buying the whole 30 twice.

It's not going to happen, it'd be a bit of work for reaper and it's probably too late but it's still a good idea. It'd be great if they did it, and she's allowed to suggest it without so much "what're you retarded?" I mean seriously, the guy above me actually asked if it was a troll thread, as if the condescending tone and patronising "go watch the faq" wasn't enough. That's just @#!&ing rude and unneccesary, and I'm betting you didn't even read her entire post. You just assumed she was asking for more- which she's not- and decided to treat her like crap.

Friggin ridicks yo

• Like 1

Alex 3 - 1; most people have been polite, as you'd see if you read the thread. 2; there has been a LOT of nerdrage through the KS. I don't think the OP was raging AT ALL, or being unreasonable AT ALL and I would have preferred people to just treat in good faith, but they're reacting to a real thing.

Anyway, the Reaper forums are a very, very chilled-out place, and I hope everyone acclimates ;)

Be cool.

• Like 2

Why are so many of you jumping down OP's throat? 1- She's right, it's a good idea and not that outrageous to ask for. 2- It's a suggestion, she didn't ask for FREE minis or more options. She's asking for the ability to buy more of the minis we're getting already, for the set of 30 to be split up a bit so she can buy multiples of specific minis without buying the whole 30 twice.

It's not going to happen, it'd be a bit of work for reaper and it's probably too late but it's still a good idea. It'd be great if they did it, and she's allowed to suggest it without so much "what're you retarded?" I mean seriously, the guy above me actually asked if it was a troll thread, as if the condescending tone and patronising "go watch the faq" wasn't enough. That's just @#!&ing rude and unneccesary, and I'm betting you didn't even read her entire post. You just assumed she was asking for more- which she's not- and decided to treat her like crap.

Friggin ridicks yo

It's a podcast, not an FAQ, and telling OP to check it out isn't condescending or patronizing. It's directing another person to a useful resource for their edification.

And don't accuse anyone of not reading the original post when you clearly missed the part where OP asked for more in the form of the dire wolf.

it'd be a bit of work for reaper and it's probably too late but it's still a good idea

As someone that worked in logistics for almost a decade, I can tell you that what is being proposed in the OP is more than "a bit of work". It's been clear from the start of the KS what the rules were, and what the rewards were for the various pledges, Part of the reason this deal could be as good as it is was because everyone gets the same thing, streamlining the process for Reaper, from production to order fulfillment. Unfortunately, it seems that some people aren't satisfied with that. Even when Reaper has gone out of their way to put forth extra effort (by permitting the Sophies to be swapped out, and offering a system for both participating after the KS has closed as well as the ability to add additional items to the pledge), it has been met with an attitude of entitlement for even more, particularly by those that are new to the forums, or even new to Reaper entirely. This has rubbed a number of long-time Reaper supporters the wrong way; we've come to know Reaper as a company that, while still keeping an eye on the bottom line, has always done everything they can to meet the requests of their fans. If Reaper tells us they can't/won't do something (as was the case with this topic), then further entreaties on the same subject are no longer just "suggestions".

None of this is justification for rude behavior, but I don't see much that would qualify as that either, just some heated opinions.

The simple fact is, allowing people to customize their pledge through adding extra miniatures of whatever they want at prices that are being deeply discounted based on the KS model is not good business sense, and does not help the bottom line for Reaper. Having customers purchase the extra models they want later (either through Reaper or their FLGS) at retail prices *does* make good business sense, and is good for the bottom line. If that makes some people unhappy, that is unfortunate, as there is plenty to be happy about with the Reaper Bones KS project.

Also, the goat is cute. ::):

~v

• Like 3