Reaper's C'thulhu

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on copyright extension. As long as Disney has money and politicians want it, Mickey Mouse will never be public domain. All we can hope for is that other things will be. I was glad

I figured it out!   "That Guy" works for Cthulhu, you see. This is all part of a clever and devious plan. By dropping hints about things we desperately want to see, "That Guy" ensures a baseline i

Stirring the pot a bit more today: The figure is getting bulked out and it is getting HUGE!

On the copyright issue, current US copyright is for the life of the creator + 70 years. Lovecraft died in 1937, so his works entered public domain in 2007. Burroughs' copyrights aren't set to expire until 2020.

It used to take more effort to keep work out of the public domain and that is why HPL's stuff was defacto public domain even before 2007. Romero's Night of the Living Dead entered public domain as it was showed in theaters because of an Editing Mistake.

At this point we have each made our points, I do not agree with yours, you likely do not agree with mine, and I doubt that either one of us is converting either the other or any of the other readers. I do not believe that too many will agree with your rendition, but if they do, then oh well. :devil: To each his own.

It wasn't spell/psych-casting or an angry alien rant. Think Elder belch. Happens to me all the time after waking up groggy and eating up smaller unfamiliar creatures.

Aside whoever thought up this as the final stretch goal was a freak'n genius and should be appointed dictator of Reaper Games for life.

Just a garden spider - and they make some of the prettiest webs that you will ever see.

I have held them in my hand, and been bitten by one too - a lot less painful than a bee sting, for example.

And really, I deserved to be bitten, blundering through her web like that. (The ones that I have held on my palm have never bitten me, even when I have rotated my hands so the just keep walking around my hand rather than escaping.)

The Auld Grump, pretty common, too. ::):

Okay, the copyright law of 1923 that established the 70 year rule. Works printed before that time are public domain. ERB Inc manages the copyrights for Burrough's works written after 1923, works before that are public domain, which is a good portion of the John Carter Series as well as some of the Tarzan series. ERB Inc tries to maintain the control of earlier works through Trademarks and there is currently a lawsuit based on that trademark issue. If ERB wins that lawsuit then it will establish a precedent of essentially maintaining copyrights by trademark.

Just to stir the pot a little -

I saw the armature for this piece last week and it's BIG.

Very excited to see the progress on this one! It will be ultra-cool.

I am still not sold on the maxifig. Is he looking to the right and dancing? Or is he more menacing and threatening?