ReaperBryan Interview, or Why we got the PDFs

I wasn't disappointed with the PDFs. Just ambivalent. True neutral, you might say. They could have had twice as many, or none at all.

I mean, really though, after the Cyber-Monkey and the Clockwork Dragon the rest of it was just bonus whatevers to me. Whatever I got after that I got.

I mean, it's like being a little kid in say, 1985. And it's your birthday. And Reaper is your rich crazy uncle that likes to spoil you because he doesn't have any kids of his own. And so you're sitting there with your cake, and friends, and all the dishes are paper he-man plates, and life is pretty good.

And then Uncle Reaper says "Hey, I heard you liked G.I. Joes. So I got you a Cobra Rattler!"

And you're all like: "Neato! Cobra Rattlers are cool!"

And then he says: "And I got you this sweet G. I. Joe Hovercraft"

And you're all wide eyes and: "Awesome hovercraft are even COOLER!"

And then he says: "Oh yeah, and I also got you the USS Flagg SEVEN FREAKIN FOOT AIRCRAFT CARRIER."

No matter what comes after that, no matter how awesome, your birthday just became Carrier Day.

I, for one, am absolutely delighted at the results of this Clockwork Monkeystarter, and I'd like to assure Reaper that the Cyber-Monkey and his buddy cop pal Wyrmgear will feast on the bones of many characters, monsters, minions, and perhaps a monopoly token or two. They shall be well kept, and treated as the royalty they are. I shall even produce a window sticker announcing that my home is defended by this dynamic duo, and any brigands and ne'er-do-wells would be well advised not to try and make away with my tantalizing and easily-fenced electronics.

Also, when Cyber-monkey marriage is made legal, you're all invited.

• Like 11

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, am absolutely delighted at the results of this Clockwork Monkeystarter, and I'd like to assure Reaper that the Cyber-Monkey and his buddy cop pal Wyrmgear will feast on the bones of many characters, monsters, minions, and perhaps a monopoly token or two. They shall be well kept, and treated as the royalty they are. I shall even produce a window sticker announcing that my home is defended by this dynamic duo, and any brigands and ne'er-do-wells would be well advised not to try and make away with my tantalizing and easily-fenced electronics.

That's like such a beautiful sentiment man,

can The Great Cthulhu be the best monster ?

I wasn't disappointed with the PDFs. Just ambivalent. True neutral, you might say. They could have had twice as many, or none at all.

I mean, really though, after the Cyber-Monkey and the Clockwork Dragon the rest of it was just bonus whatevers to me. Whatever I got after that I got.

I mean, it's like being a little kid in say, 1985. And it's your birthday. And Reaper is your rich crazy uncle that likes to spoil you because he doesn't have any kids of his own. And so you're sitting there with your cake, and friends, and all the dishes are paper he-man plates, and life is pretty good.

And then Uncle Reaper says "Hey, I heard you liked G.I. Joes. So I got you a Cobra Rattler!"

And you're all like: "Neato! Cobra Rattlers are cool!"

And then he says: "And I got you this sweet G. I. Joe Hovercraft"

And you're all wide eyes and: "Awesome hovercraft are even COOLER!"

And then he says: "Oh yeah, and I also got you the USS Flagg SEVEN FREAKIN FOOT AIRCRAFT CARRIER."

No matter what comes after that, no matter how awesome, your birthday just became Carrier Day.

See, and then your rich crazy uncle says "Oh, and also, I got you SOCKS!" ...

The party would get quiet, and people would kind of shift around uncomfortably, and folks would mutter about 12 step programs... but then, perhaps feeling a bit guilty about taking free socks for granted, the conversation would pick up, there'd be the realization that the socks are after all perfectly good free clothing, and the day would still be remembered as the best day ever; Carrier Day.

Still though... who gets socks for a 10 year old? and why give it to them right after the friggin Carrier?

speaking of the pdfs. Any news on when we will receive them?

Bryan said it would be a week or two before they even got the information from Amazon regarding who pledged and how much. So I imagine it would be some time after that.

Depends, really. These were like super-awesome spider-man socks. The Swords and Wizardry is a big shout-out to their mates at Frog God, but more importantly, to the whole Old School Revival (they like to call it a renaissance, but stuff 'em) crowd. And for people rediscovering the thrill of getting a bunch of minis and playing like when they were kids, I think it generated a lot of goodwill. It was like, "Here's cheap minis, like when you were young and everything was more awesome! And here's the exact same rules from back in the day!"

I think they'll remind a few people how much fun they used to have, you know? Or in my case, how much I hate random stat rolls. Grrrrrrrrr.

Depends, really. These were like super-awesome spider-man socks.

Yes. Or Superman socks that have capes built in. You know those make you run faster.

Reaaaalllly . . .

* makes supervillain face *

I think I've just figured out how to win the next town marathon. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

No capes!

Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Good with kids?

November 15th of'58. All was well, another day saved, when...his cape was snagged on a missile fin.

Stratogale! April 23rd of'57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!

Metaman express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into s vortex!

NO CAPES!

• Like 1

When I get my Cthulhu I'm going to saw off one his legs and a hand to give him a hook and a peg leg. Then I'm going to sculpt a tricorn hat and eyepatch on him and put a huge rune engraved cutlass in his hand. He will be pirate Cthulhu. Arrrgh.