Sign in to follow this  
Shadowdragon

Storm Giants

Shurely the two storm gigant make a great pair!

lol they would but the female is a cloud giant and the male is a storm giant. thats my trolling for the day back to painting

I think people have an overexceeded expectation of what digital scanning can do. Laser is light, so shiny surfaces can cause distortion, as well as missing undercuts. Even Jakks Pacific, which pioneered digital scanning in the action figure field on their wrestling figures, had to do touch ups after the 3d print out of the scan and then made a master not much unlike what Reaper does, except different materials, to make the final molds.

Now if you make a master directly in the computer, like Reaper does with the CAV line, then you still need to make a metal master, but at least you don't need to do as much touch up.

Halber

Three yeas ango I have studied 3D scanning at univesity. Generally you obtain what is litteraly a cluod of points, then software tries to create lines connecting the points to create a closed object. I don't know if in three years things have improved, but (last time I have heard of it) before you can use the digital model on cnc is necessary to create manually a solid figure with linked lines/surfaces that the machine tooling software can process.

I have to agree with those that like the concept on the female Storm Giant better over all. I do have to say I like the green of the Male better than the concept. It is really close, but some how the concept art comes off more as some comic version of Zeus. Give him a lightning bolt and he would be ready to go.

Since when has joking around with each other on Reaper forums been cause for deleting posts? A lot that were completely civil banter (the standard stuff for some of us) have been removed. And if you say it's because they were off topic, nearly every thread veers off-topic, it's never been an issue for censorship before.

Since when has joking around with each other on Reaper forums been cause for deleting posts? A lot that were completely civil banter (the standard stuff for some of us) have been removed. And if you say it's because they were off topic, nearly every thread veers off-topic, it's never been an issue for censorship before.

this time we had persons seriously upset by some of the comments. That's the difference.

this time we had persons seriously upset by some of the comments. That's the difference.

While I know I won't get an answer to who and what, and rightly so, I can't but help wonder what could hurt someones feelings so. I haven't seen anything on the forums to get upset about. Of course 14+ years in the Navy will thicken your skin a bit :B):

• Like 1

While I know I won't get an answer to who and what, and rightly so, I can't but help wonder what could hurt someones feelings so. I haven't seen anything on the forums to get upset about. Of course 14+ years in the Navy will thicken your skin a bit :B):

Yeah, same here. I'm wracking my brains trying to remember what happened in the last howevermany pages, and I just figure it out.

Even Google's cached pages are no help!

EDIT: Whoops, okay. I found the deleted posts. Yeah, though I didn't think anything of it at the time, I can see how one could get offended by those. Good work mods, carry on.

Is there something we need to avoid, in order to prevent further upset? I didn't see anything blatantly offensive, but, how do I say this... I work with rural labourers. heck, I AM a rural labourer. "Earthy" would be putting it gently; very, very gently.

Look, I'll be frank with you. I'm rough as guts. This whole thread kinda potentially danced along some lines, but I am totally unqualified to say when or where those lines were crossed. I'd appreciate some guidance as I do not want to offend, repel or infuriate people while I am in Reaper's house. That would dishonour my host.

(Normally offending, repelling and infuriating is pretty much just what I do. God made me special, just the way I am! Just like typhoid and box jellyfish. I don't hate people, I like them, but so do paralysis ticks and rogue lions.)

The part of what was redacted that I can recall was the sub-thread about being evil. What in that was offensive? I want to know.

The part of what was redacted that I can recall was the sub-thread about being evil. What in that was offensive? I want to know.

you could open up a new bar-themed thread called "The Drunken Sailor" that includes a disclaimer in the opening post. We'll have a pint and watch the forum profanity filter melt into a puddle of whimpering goo.

OK, here's the deal:

Nobody's in trouble. Nobody's "been warned". We cleaned up a few things.

For Baph, etc. carry on. When we find you crossing lines in hate, we'll issue warnings. These were clearly jokes that crossed a line, and while you might think it was heavy handed, we have obligations to our community, and sometimes that means posts meant in jest get removed, and sometimes they don't.

We wouldn't have removed nearly so many posts except people kept quoting the removed post, or posts that quoted the removed post.

SW - If I believed anyone was in danger of becoming temporarily or permanently banned, I'd clarify. As it is, the thread is presently civil (which is new for this one!) and I think the issue is closed.

OK, here's the deal:

We wouldn't have removed nearly so many posts except people kept quoting the removed post, or posts that quoted the removed post.

Coulda just led with that.

Even though I still can't fathom what it was.

She's awesome. I say leave her be.

I agree! She's my favorite of the giants.

I agree with the agreement quoted above.

We all saw the concept art, we all expect the minis to be close (in form) to the concept art.

This seems spot on to me and a display of great talent!

Thanks I look forward to seeing more of them.

• Like 1