• Forum Mascot

Oh no no no no no. I'm not getting on any mod's bad side. Especially not Ladystorm's. She has storm in her name. That can only mean bad things for people who cross the line.

I suspect she keeps the board in line by throwing lighting bolts at serious offenders.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll tell you the story that popped into my mind the very instant I saw that concept art. It was like a key that unlocked a door, and I got a peek beyond.   I would only ever use this miniature onc

I disagree. I think it's a perfect gaming pose precisely because it's a poor traditional gaming pose. If I put that on the table, people will crack jokes.   8 rounds later when half the party is o

We already sort of do that, except instead of a bagpipe we just fill a kobold up with beans and squeeze 'im.   Also, kilts are not pants so I'll bring that to our leader. Which is me. You'd think

I don't see the complaint honestly. This is a fantasy setting, so provocative women are part of the deal. If you want female giants who are in a less suggestive pose, or more of a warrior type then I humbly suggest getting the fire or frost giants. Lets put an end to this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner, because she isn't, and frankly the design matches up pretty well with what you find for storm giant lore. :)

Sure she is - Mind you, she will be literally picking up guys on the corner. (Her johns are the ones yelling 'Put me down! Please God, put me down! ::P: )

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

The concept sketches for the storm giants look really good, but does the female giant have to be in the stripper pose? I really hope her pose is modified for the actual model, it'll be nice to have a female giant in an actual fighting pose for a change.

I thought she looked cute and beautiful. But, now I see that some people can be disturbed by her pose.

Reading this thread, it seems that her stance is unlikely to be changed, but maybe you could use green stuff to modify her a little bit?

Hiding her hip and upper thigh at least? It looks to me that she has this long cloth gently running down on her back.

http://blog.naver.co...rin/90151188672

I don't own Photoshop, sorry about the unclear green line, but I hope that you are able to see what I am trying to describe.

*Note: I like her as she is, and will be glad to have her in March.

I thought she looked cute and beautiful. But, now I see that some people can be disturbed by her pose.

Reading this thread, it seems that her stance is unlikely to be changed, but maybe you could use green stuff to modify her a little bit?

Hiding her hip and upper thigh at least? It looks to me that she has this long cloth gently running down on her back.

http://blog.naver.co...rin/90151188672

I don't own Photoshop, sorry about the unclear green line, but I hope that you are able to see what I am trying to describe.

and cover the shoulder the male too

...this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner...

Now I just want to run a campaign simply so i can use this idea as an encounter. :devil:

Ooh, better yet, I want to play in a campaign GMd by Buglips where he uses this idea an encounter... :rock:

It would be at least rated R, if not NC-17.

I do own the "Book of Erotic Fantasy."

An odd side effect of this discussion - I now have an urge to mod a female storm giant so that she is wearing an evening dress or ball gown.

But, that would be with a second giantess - I like the way she looks, just the way she is.

The Auld Grump, a second male might be painted as a firbolg, adding a bit more beard.

...damnit Auld. Now I want a third. This is getting ridiculous and I'm already going to have a lot of mods to do!

I all seriousness I can easily see both sides of the argument, I'd have loved a more agressive looking female giant, as the others are more static, AND a more passive looking male giant. BUT she's a gorgeous concept, thematically fits with the cloud giant fluff, I know who the sculptor is and am Very fond of his work, and to be blunt, the minis selected are about what will yeild a return on investment (I have to assume), and I can see her doing that quite well. Also, looking at the sketch, I'm hoping she won't be difficult to mod into a pose that is outright agressive, but I'm keeping one as sculpted!

Maybe they'll do a giant couple in the future where the female is in a warrior's pose and the male is more passive and still/watchfull. Aren't there still plenty of giant types to sculpt?

I for one would not mind a little more variety in the gender roles.

• Like 2

Hill giants! Yeah, hill giants. A kick-booty female hill giant and a male hill giant sporting a come-hither stare...maybe with one finger in his mouth and a half-shirt showin' off his belly! O.o

Ick...I just gave mahself the heebie-Jeebies...