Charon's Boat?

Alex3

Anyone else wishing we got this accessory with Mister Bones? The pewter boat and lanterns will run about 14$ so it's worth it if you want a cute diorama.. but bones material would be nice.

We'll see what turns up next March. Maybe there'll be some painting contests that'll make it worthwhile to invest. I'd love to have the boat in some dark water run up on an island of gravesoil, with little tombstones poking out? And of course Mister Bones standing there with a muddy shovel. So beeeeast...

02696_G.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was hoping this would be a "Part 2 Thank-You" to go along with Mister Bones. Froggy the Great has done some great conversions with this model, and I thought it would be nice to do likewise ... if only it were available at the considerably cheaper Bones prices. The lanterns would be useful for dungeon scenery (clear plastic, anyone? :D ), the figurehead section seems cool enough to work into some sort of decoration (over a major gateway, perhaps?), or the boat as-is could just be a really awesome little boat tied up at ye olde fantasy docks. In plastic, it would be a lot easier to try cutting the thing in half and extending it out longer with some craft wood and putty, so I could have a fantasy longboat suitable for ferrying a group of adventurers over a mist-shrouded, monster-infested bog, or have it serve as an undead-themed longboat for a landing party from Razig's ship.

And, oh yeah, I could just stick Mister Bones in it and make a cute little mini-diorama. ;)

Is this miniature available?

I did a Tineye and found this... uh... authorized dealer. :D

http://www.armiks.co...aper_on_bo.html

See also these lovely handcrafted products:

http://www.armiks.co...ewter_from.html

WOW! That's shady as hell. I hope Reaper can shut them down if they're not licensed. Judging by the leaded pewter appearance they are likely molding and casting Reaper's models in whole. :angry:

Reaper contracts out their miniatures to places that shine em up. Glue on a couple pieces of crystal and double the price.

There used to be one called ravenclaw or something years ago. You can find em sold in those mall stores that sell collectible statuettes and cards and stuff.

Haw! Every now and then I'll pass some mall store where I'll see some pewter minis like that and those ridiculous "gem" eyes or whatever glued on haphazardly. Sometimes I'll get this dumb idea of, "Oh! I could use that for gaming! It says there's a 50%-off sale! It's ... oh, wait a minute -- it's STILL horribly marked up compared to a regular gaming mini." ;)

I guess someone actually buys them, or they wouldn't bother to sell them, but ... seriously? :D "Charon" just loses something with those huge red faceted goggles.