Fantasy Mini Only Vampire Level Option?

taggart6

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you mean by catching up a little. You referenced the KS comment thread. There are 46,231 comments there, no search, and in reverse chronological order when reading from the top of the page, down... no possible way to use that to catch up. A quick forum search, sure. In this case, the idea is novel as far as I know and could find in a quick search.

If my hunch about the Chinese operation is correct, it may actually be possible for Reaper to do something similar to this idea. They couldn't do new molds, but they could make a Vampire bag, and a "Fantasy-only Vampire bag" which had repeat models thrown in to offset the modern models. If there is a sorting/packing machine with hoppers full of models, it would only mean one more bag type during order fulfillment. I count 65 different "packs" in the campaign that Reaper will be boxing up stateside in various combinations for order fulfillment. Assuming China is doing the packs for them, this would be +1 of those.

To argue with myself, I say, self, they're still not going to want to do this. The order from the China factory will include minimum production runs, and if they have to get say 10,000 of each miniature made, pulling all the Chronoscope miniatures from the Vampire pledgers that don't want them may leave them with a glut of models that sell less often (and already aren't going to be part of Undertaker). If that's the case, the backfilling them in the Vampire pledge with fantasy miniatures will be double bad, because they could have sold those at retail. In other words, part of the reason Chronoscope was added to your pledge (for free) was to beef up the reward tier while getting a "free" mold for a lower volume sales miniature.

• Like 1

To everyone upset at my suggestion I ask that you take a step back and relax. As I stated before hand, I am excited about the package which is a great deal. I'm looking to get into minis and this is a great opportunity to do that while supporting a top notch mini company.

I am merely asking if Reaper would be interested in what I proposed considering the large response of people interested in only the classic fantasy aspects of the package. I took a look at the comments posted here and on kickstarter and I thought this would have been a great way to address the "swap out" requests while making (at least what I saw) a fairly easy and manageable option for Reaper. I even figured that if they doubled up on some aspects of the current package (for example, Swap out Nova for more Undead as an example), it might even reduce manufacturing costs given the larger bulk order for already used models (just basing it off my own manufacturing background with dealing with tooling change over, raw material supply costs and bulk shipping). It really was a question directed to Reaper which is 110% their call. If they say no, then no harm or foul. It was merely a suggestion.

Regarding the trade thread, I think it has merit but its difficult to trade when a large population of traders all want to swap out the same pieces. I continue to scour it and other trading threads on other forums but I (and I expect others) haven't had much success. I'll keep looking because hey, you never know.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed by the hate/anger my comment generated in this forum. I was kinda hoping to hear more constructive criticism rather then name calling or implying that I'm or others are ungrateful for voicing an honest suggestion that I have not seen posted anywhere else. Although I'm sure some many people are tired of the swap out comments, I was at least hoping to find some sort of option both groups might say, "Hey that's not a bad idea and something we didn't consider." If its not feasible, then so be it. I leave it for the Reaper staff to decide.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I didn't intend to be argumentative. And true, there are a lot of new people on the forums. I'm one of them really. I just started posting a couple weeks ago.

I completely understand the desire to "maximize" your investment by getting only the things you want. I don't really want more elves, but they are part of the deal so I accept them. Remember, this whole thing was designed to quickly ramp up their Bones production. By laying out the items they wanted to fund through this, we are helping Reaper achieve success more quickly. In exchange, they are giving us a great deal on a big cross section of their products that, overall, will appeal to a wider audience than only the fantasy things alone would.

Oh, and the cybermonkey thing....

I'm whipping those hobgoblins into shape just like you said Buglips!

Depends on what you mean by catching up a little. You referenced the KS comment thread.

But the last paragraph of my post specifically addressed the forum here, and the members new to it. I was not talking about the comment thread over on KS; I figure that most people that a new here, came over from the KS thread there.

And since I believe in backing up my assertions with evidence, regarding subbing anything from the Vampire pledge, other than Sophie::

Here.

Here.

Here.

~v

I think that the best option here is for Reaper to have an option on the survey or pledge manager for people to tell Reaper that they don't want certain minis. Mind you there's no replacement for those minis, but at least you don't have to worry about getting them if you don't want them. And Reaper can just keep them for future sale. It's a win-win for both groups.

• Like 1

I think that the best option here is for Reaper to have an option on the survey or pledge manager for people to tell Reaper that they don't want certain minis. Mind you there's no replacement for those minis, but at least you don't have to worry about getting them if you don't want them. And Reaper can just keep them for future sale. It's a win-win for both groups.

Not a bad idea, although I expect that most people not interested in them will take them anyways to either:

1) Trade on-line

2) Trade at their local gaming shop

3) Mod to fit their scenario

4) Leave in a box and forget about because they can

I figure I might try to mod them and/or use as painting examples.

Unless Vampire is being packaged in China, in which case removing anything from it is far more work. Reaper has stated that no substitutions (other than Sophie) are planned. Unless one of these ideas addresses the underlying reasons for them saying that, presumably in a way they haven't thought of, then we can expect there to be no substitutions. I'm still not advocating stifling the conversation though, because someone may have exactly such an idea.

The thing to remember there is that it takes just as much effort to do this as it would to swap them out. Any which way Reaper decides to go forward with it - it doesn't effect me, but having to keep track of which boxes don't need Chronoscope figures isn't different in practice from keeping track of which boxes get an extra dose of Pathfinder instead of Chronoscope (or however you want to split your stuff).

ebay, people, ebay!

10 chronoscope, 6 marines, 5 novas, 4 vampire hunters, that's 25 minis. Sell them off as a batch or individually you can probably make at least $30, that's half the rest of your sophiless vampire package paid for. Throw in others you don't want (You probably have tons of skeletons and whatnot anyway) you can dne up paying for the whole shebang. Hell, if they;re going to be bagged instead of blistered you can add value by saying it;s limited edition exclusive packaging ;-)

But the last paragraph of my post specifically addressed the forum here, and the members new to it. I was not talking about the comment thread over on KS; I figure that most people that a new here, came over from the KS thread there.

Sorry, I took "main KS thread" to be referring to the comments on the Kickstarter. My mistake. The thread here is still 248 pages long, but at least it is readable and searchable. Regarding the comments from Reaper, I've read those as well. In each of the latter two cases Bryan was referring to swapping out individual models and making the entire process ala carte. That's not what this particular thread is suggesting. It's referring to a second Vampire pledge reward pack, with a different composition. During the campaign it would have taken the form of a different $100 pledge level. It may have merit, it may not... and if Reaper Bryan is passing through this thread and wants to say yea or nea, we'll all know so we can answer the next person who asks about it.

I'm also in favor of the eBay route. A trade thread is nice in theory, but we replaced barter with currency for a reason. :) eBay snatching 9% of the value is a different matter of course. Perhaps we could come up with a price sheet on the individual models, and each post in the thread would list what they have "in stock"... then you could sell off your unwanteds by posting your stock, and you could buy up things you want from others that have them in stock. Edit your thread to adjust your stock levels. It's all very free market. :bday: