Happy Howl-oween!

lstormhammer

Mornin', everyone.

Got a bit inspired to slap some paint together. The pics are a little bleached out, sorry about that. The model is tiny. I wanted to do it as a black wolf pup (the halloween theme and all), but once I finished drybrushing and Dullcote-ing it, it came out more gray than anything...

Hope you like!

--LSH

happyhowloween.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rigel
      There are those that say that the monks at St. Fiacre's should not plant their vegetables so close to the churchyard, that it is unseemly to fatten the marrows, squashes, and pumpkins so close to human bones filled with human marrow. 

Of course, the same voices don't complain when those same vegetables come to market, ripe and full of rich flavor. But that is another tale, and...
      ...wait, what is this? 

Who comes here at this hour?

A ruffian in disguise, bent on disturbing the bones in the cemetary?!

Nay, ruffians plural! Grave robbers, here to trouble those at long rest under stone! 

And who is this?!

A sinister figure, clearly the ringleader.

"Go now, and find me that wizard's grave!"

A little foxfire around the eyes and mouth of a carved pumpkin will frighten the superstitious into thinking these grave-robbers are haints. 

"Not one stone in ten is as it was in the old times; be sure where ye dig!"

"Wait, lads--what is that light?!"

"That's no sexton's lamp! Take to your heels, boys!"

It is, perhaps, only fair that those who mock Jack O'The Lantern get to see the original. A variant of Jack In the Green, easily summoned. 

"BOOOOO!"

"YOU WHO TRESPASS ON THE ROW / YOUR FLESH WILL MAKE THE PUMPKINS GROW"

"'Tis every man for himself, lads, and devil take the hindmost!"

"TAKE THE HINDMOST? SO BE IT!"

"AH HA HA HA HAAAAA!"

As I said, the pumpkins from St. Fiacre's are always welcome at market. Something about the tender flesh and delicate taste, the kind you don't find elsewhere.

Rumors that a wealthy patron of the monastery was a sorcerer are just that--old wives' tales. And the story of a guardian appointed to keep his rest secure 'till doomsday? Obviously also fictitious.

Old wives will talk; this is well-known.

• By JonFreakingStamos
      Still pretty new to mini painting (a total of 7 done 😅), but was feeling adventurous so took a stab at blending to create some layers in the fur. I only used base coats and dry brushing on the figure. C & C welcome! 

• By R2ED
      This one took a lot more time than i planned.  2.5 nights of work.  The killer of it was all the layers with translucent paint.  Keeping them thin to not get streaking was difficult.   But i did it and it's done. 

Proud moment for me is the eye.  

Done! 

• By R2ED
      This one is taking me forever! 

I'm at a standstill with doing this eyeball. I also can't tell if i need to change the weird yellow i did around the eye.  I'm also struggling with the pumpkin lights in the heads.

Overall I'm struggling and need suggestions. 

Here's where I'm at: 

Here's the progress photos

• By Zloyduh
      Just in time for the season!
      I happened to be going through some sort of a creativity crisis.  I would start on a figure and almost right away stop feeling it.
      This guy seemed to shake me up quiet nicely.  Although, I did get tired at the end and rushed a few things.  But, as I remember, the profys recommend "paint more minis" as oppose to sitting over one for eternity trying to get it to perfection.