Sign in to follow this  
lstormhammer

Happy Howl-oween!

Mornin', everyone.

Got a bit inspired to slap some paint together. The pics are a little bleached out, sorry about that. The model is tiny. I wanted to do it as a black wolf pup (the halloween theme and all), but once I finished drybrushing and Dullcote-ing it, it came out more gray than anything...

Hope you like!

--LSH

happyhowloween.jpg

• Like 1

I know, right?!

But seriously, been making an effort to getting paint jobs to the level of 'Completed'. Dare I say- 'show off-able'.

Also; Living In The Future moment, relying on my phone in a coffeeshop. I would have crashed my flying car, anyways...

--LSH.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Durham
      So how do I paint something with a marble effect? I have a sepulcher or sarcophagus, primed light grey, and I want to paint it like it was made from marble. Any ideas or tricks? Colors? Anything? Bueller?
      If it helps, its the one from the Horror subset of the Bones 4 Kickstarter.
    • By DocPiske
      I know, I know, 2020 is scary enough, but here are some spooky miniatures.

First up, Fritz!

Scooby-dooby-doo, where are you?

I like how the blue edging came out on this one.

To be continued...

• By MoonglowMinis
      Today I wanted to show off some cheap 54mm Vikings that I painted up as Frost Giants.

I made these guys close to a year ago, and they were among some of the first larger sized minis I had worked on, so they're a little rough, and that's before looking at the quality of model, but if someone else is in need of a lot of giants like I was, then this might be useful to them!

So these guys are from Tehnolog, a Russian miniatures company that I know very little about.  The minis are made out of a soft plastic like novelty toys you can buy with tickets at an arcade.  They also have abysmal detail.

They're meant for 54mm wargaming, and I believe there's an intended game system that accompanies the line, but my goal was to get some cheap giants for D&D.

They fit nicely on a 2in base, and could probably fit in with the smaller Reaper Bones giants, but they're definitely a little undersized.  I remedied this by giving them each a boosted base, with the leader getting two layers.  At a glance, they tower over a standard medium sized mini.

The details were rough and there were some ugly mold lines here and there.  But they're serviceable.  They might work better as a half-giant if you want to use 5e's Huge Frost Giants.

More pictures of each giant below the Spoiler:

Tehnolog also has a few other lines of fantasy-esque minis if you're a fan of cheap minis.  I am still considering getting one of their other lines to convert into cheap-o Fire Giants.

What's your favorite obscure miniature substitute?

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Still relatively new to the forums but I'm going to try to show off my work more often.

I was working on an arctic campaign before the pandemic hit and had already started work on a lot of suitable minis.  Not sure when or if that game will ever resume, but in the meantime I've got plenty of minis to paint!

This time we have the Ice Troll.  I'm satisfied with this.  Especially proud of his ice chunk.  I've never been very successful painting ice or crystals before.

Hope you enjoy!

• By MusicalFeline
      Brief word of introduction. I know next to nil about CAV. My current interest in it is solely from a painting perspective. With that in mind, please excuse any blunders I make.

So, I'm a painter looking for some cool stuff to paint. I see CAV's mechs. I think "I like mechs, those look cool, I think I'll grab some". Then my eyes flicker upwards towards where it says "10mm scale". I think you can see where this is going.

Long story short, how big are these? It looks like they come on 1" hexes, and $4.99-$6.99 is quite a lot to charge for a small mini (in my opinion, of course).

Many thanks, all!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)