When can we expect to see some of kickstarter miniatures up for sale?

Adeus

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on discovering that when Reaper says "soon" what they really mean is "Soon"^TM. There's a whole subculture here surrounding the word.

That said, I wouldn't expect any prior to April.

Note that I am not a Reaper-peep, and have no knowledge of their internal workings.

I just want to provide some perspective.

KS had 16k backers at VAMPIRE level which got you somewhere around 200 minis.

That means more than 3'200'000 minis for KS backers on top of any regular orders. Which is all on top of any other work.

Now the numbers - if they produce and ship on average 1 mini every second for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, they will be done with KS backers in 5-6 months from the moment they start shipping.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with shipping/producing minis and logistics/scale involved.

• Super Administrators

There were a good half-dozen that were already planned for release by the end of the year. As far as I know, they should still be on the schedule.

Without any more to go on than "wizard with big hat and scroll" I'm not sure exactly which wizard we're talking about. If it's the one up in Previews, I can ask Ron.

• Super Administrators

Okies. So, nobody told me. The kickstarter kind of disrupted the release schedule for the original 30 (the dozen or so we already have, and the dozen that were planned that weren't part of the kickstarter) and the entire thing got shoved back.

And that kind of makes sense, but I hate to bear the bad news.

Okies. So, nobody told me. The kickstarter kind of disrupted the release schedule for the original 30 (the dozen or so we already have, and the dozen that were planned that weren't part of the kickstarter) and the entire thing got shoved back.

And that kind of makes sense, but I hate to bear the bad news.

Yeah, it makes sense...

But...but... :down:

Oh, one question. Why would this disrupt the release of the Bones versions of the LE minis? The molds are already made, right?

Don't want to cause issues or pile on to the craziness you guys are already under, just wondering about the ones that already have tooling.

• Super Administrators

The ones with the LE pedigree are likely coming out*. The new molds are getting rolled into the Kickstarter batch.

*not gospel. this may change.