• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I got something by FedEx, the amount of hoops I had to jump through just to pay my $18 consumer-side charge was so ridiculous, so inutterably backwards as to be from a different century, that it was almost like they were trying not to get paid.

I'd sooner get delivery by slow pack mule.

Huh. I have had the exact opposite experience.

FedEx always gets me my package straight to my door and on time. UPS seems to go out of their way to keep it away from me. It's gotten to the point where I will occasionally pay for express shipping just to avoid them.

I'll admit, for my most recent UPS delivery, the guy actually left the package on my door step without knocking (I was home all day). I was a little annoyed, because the package was mildly expensive, and I was expecting to receive it in person. "Fortunately" UPS helpfully sent me email to let me know I signed for it in person, so it was all OK. :angry:

• Like 1

I've moved since the last time Reaper sent something to me. Unfortunatly, the postal carrier I now have is the laziest bastarge in existance. If the box is too big to fit the rediculously tiny mail box, he stamps it 'undeliverable' and goes on his way.

Had more than one shipment of Blue Bottle Coffee lost because of it...

--LSH

Huh. I have had the exact opposite experience.

FedEx always gets me my package straight to my door and on time. UPS seems to go out of their way to keep it away from me. It's gotten to the point where I will occasionally pay for express shipping just to avoid them.

I'll admit, for my most recent UPS delivery, the guy actually left the package on my door step without knocking (I was home all day). I was a little annoyed, because the package was mildly expensive, and I was expecting to receive it in person.

This is my experience to a "T"!

I can also add that I've waited at home all day for important packages from UPS, with the front door open and I have a dog that barks when anyone approaches. I track the package status online and I've had it marked as 'attempted delivery'. After calling them, I am told the UPS driver claimed he attempted delivery but nobody was home. This has actually happened more than once, believe it or not.

Fedex has always been on time and more than once has delivered a day or two earlier than the estimate!

I hate UPS.

If you have a friendly business nearby, ask if they'll let you have your package delivered there. I use a glass-blowing studio behind my house, and have never had any problems from UPS or FedEx (or USPS, for that matter). Alas, businesses get treated a bit better than consumers, it seems.

-Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krassling
      I started my Benedikt Project. It is going to be a present for my brother Benedikt.
      I assume this guy will take me a very along time. The mini sits on my desk for s long time but Progress is slow. Maybe Posting here will get me some Motivation.

I will try a style with stark contrasts of light and dark like some of Frazettas works.
      The mini will get a special Base but that is a long was to go.

So lets get started.

• By Glitterwolf
      Youngest Vixen's Boyfriend has a friend who owns the Boardgame Dark Souls.
      He asked if I would paint the minis for him.
      So here's the first batch.
      The main characters and the core troops.

I went for Tabletop Quality.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/96134-painting-dark-souls-board-games-miniatures-by-glitterwolf/page/2/#comments
      Next up wil be the big meanies..

• By Glitterwolf
      So, youngest vixen's boyfriend mentioned my hobby when hanging with his friends.
      They like to play board games etc,.
      One of his friends asked if I would paint the minis for his Board Game - Dark Souls for him.

So...I agreed.
      He will let me know what he'd like for the bigger monsters.
      As for the characters and minions, he let me decide ( oh boy, shall I paint a rainbow skeleton?)

Anyway, here it goes.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Buckle in folks, I've got a lot for you today.  Over the past year or so I've slowly collected and painted a set of the five Chromatic Dragons.  When I first started collecting minis I'd picked up a couple of Dragons from Safari Ltd which were easy to find at craft stores.  Rather than buy a bunch of new models from Reaper or elsewhere, I decided to see if I could make a unique set of Dragons using mostly Safari Ltd models.  I flipped through my Monster Manual and browsed online catalogs and slowly picked out models that I wanted to use to represent each of them.  I eventually ran out of models that I liked and I supplemented a McFarlane Toys dragon for the Red.  I finally completed them early this past summer:

The White Dragon

Read on for More:

The Black Dragon
      Moving up the Chromatic Hierarchy, we have the Black Dragon, represented here by the Safari Ltd. Cave Dragon.  This is actually the model that inspired me to paint up the dragons, as it looked so much like the 5E Black Dragon artwork.

Read on for More:

The Green Dragon
      Next up, we have the Green Dragon represented by the Safari Ltd. Twilight Dragon.  Funnily enough, that sculpt is also available in a green variant as the "Forest Dragon," but i already had the black copy on hand.  It was all getting painted over anyways.

Read on for More:

The Blue Dragon
      The last of the Safari Ltd. Dragons, this is the Fog Dragon, which got a tiny bit of green stuff to look the part of a Blue Dragon.

Read on for More:

The Red Dragon
      I used up the biggest Safari Ltd Dragon with the blue, and I wasn't seeing anything I liked from any of their direct competitors, so I chose something a little different for the Red.  I ended up with the Komodo Clan dragon from McFarlane Toys Dragons Series 2.  And though this guy showed up in shades of red, I wanted to paint it myself, so it got primed and re-painted.

Read on for More:

It was a lot of fun painting up these guys, and I like having a unique collection.  I'm also glad they're all done.  Though I do still have a Shadow Dragon and a Dracolich primed and waiting for paint... and then all the dragons that are still boxed... and then that big five-headed guy I keep meaning to get around to... and then all those new dragons coming with Bones 5...

Which dragon do you like best?
    • By PhantomAquarist
      Had a lot of fun painting this one! :D

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)