What are Bones miniatures made of?

I have 2 of the minis from the PAX East "paint and take" and they were awesome, I scoffed at the non prime non seal promise. Then they let me throw around and drop a painted bones fig they had and the paint didn't budge. Whatever kind of plastic it is, it is fantastic.

I have 2 of the minis from the PAX East "paint and take" and they were awesome, I scoffed at the non prime non seal promise. Then they let me throw around and drop a painted bones fig they had and the paint didn't budge. Whatever kind of plastic it is, it is fantastic.
We find that people frequently think we are just making outlandish marketing claims, and speak with the forked tongue of Madsion Avenue. That's why we ask people to participate in paint and takes and to abuse the figures themselves.

I'm glad your experience was a good one!

• 2 weeks later...

The Bones line is simple to work with, it's like heaven in terms of miniatures. If you want to modify a sculpt, a little exacto knife, green stuff, and super glue can result in your own variation in a matter of minutes. I still love metal miniatures as well, but the Bones line makes conversions really fun and easy.

i've posted all kinds of pics of the Great Worm i painted and I primed the holy cow outta that model. I used Army Painter Black spray paint and so far I've not had any problems. I will, however, keep a close eye on it and report back if I detect any issues.

We've had better luck with adhesion with no primer at all than with primers - so far most primers tested have become somewhat brittle after drying and crack more readily than primer-less Bones.

I have no direct experience with the product above, and cannot say how it will react.

I wonder if mine worked so well because I have always primed with regular white acrylic paint with a little matte medium mixed in.

Someone warned me against that practice on metal minis (although I have never had trouble using it on them). But on Bones it has worked quite well.