Group WIPs interest?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the basecoating. I'll take a pic outside after the sun comes up.

Paint notebook! The last two or three areas on my Drone WIP I've forgotten to record and I'm kicking myself, because the tweaks to the orange pants turned out pretty awesome and I didn't record the formulas!

Just finished the basecoating. I'll take a pic outside after the sun comes up.

Paint notebook! The last two or three areas on my Drone WIP I've forgotten to record and I'm kicking myself, because the tweaks to the orange pants turned out pretty awesome and I didn't record the formulas!

Paint notebook requires that I write in it. If I get into my mixing painting whirlwind I lose track before I write it down.

I'm done, actually. It's my usual decent tabletop standard, I really want to get better but I need to invest in some specific equipment.

I'll post my pics as soon as the sealer dries.

Thank you Pingo! The figures in my avatars are not minis, just some of my kids toys that I used for a photography class project about toys "gone bad" (Hence the stalker in the background). I actually just recently got into minis, as while I have played tabletop games for many years, we never actually used them in our play till now. Once I get some ones I am proud of I shall likely switch my avatar up to something more appropriate.

Edit: I have since been informed that teacup is an ogre, and not a troll. >.> Teacup however identifies as a troll and asks that you respect his life choices.

Who's gonna argue with a blue guy holding a club?

Updates for my work soo - oh, almost said it. Uh, "in a timely near future manner". I got a case of the busy with some other stuff. Anyway, with only one Ogre left now it should proceed far more quickly.

Nocturne - I really like the end result of your fur, but I don't quite get your description of what you did. It sounds like you drybrushed the colours (black, brown) on but that isn't what I see in the image. Could you give a more detailed descrition please?

It was all just drybrushing but a little heavier then normal so it's not painting a solid layer of colour but it not just catching the raised edges either, I used a pretty crappy old brush as well with bristles all over the place so there was little to no accuracy. For every layer that I did I covered less of the fur working from the middle outwards, so the brown that just appears now as two stripes was all over the middle but got covered by the dark grey and black. It might be because it's several colours over one another and the fur isn't very heavily defined on the figure that it doesn't look like a regular drybrush.

I'm not really sure how else to describe it sorry.... I knew I should have taken more photos.

• Like 1