Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

"That Guy"

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this project, but reaper was faster. I spent already 125$ for vampir lvl and I want to get extra options for over 700-900$ and pay them with paypal, which is for me cheaper than direct over amazon with credit card. So I can't make bomshell pledges. :-(

not so worried about the Space Marine babe...but sooo many of these are fantastic. I definitely want to see Inquisitor Mira make it in!

I would also love to see a ~$10 add-on for some of the scenic base inserts by themselves. I know they'll come with the babes we get for pledging Bomb Kit, but I'd likely toss in another couple bucks to get a set of just the bases.

It's nerve-wracking. Immediately after a new goal is reached, there is a flurry of activity, then things slow to a crawl for days. I'd like to move up to the next pledge level, but at the moment there aren't enough figures available that I'm interested in. But for the figures I'm interested in to become available the pledge level has to increase.

I love that there are so many different designs, full of personality and interest for male and female gamers alike. I have confidence in Patrick Keith's ability to translate them into sculpts. I just ... man, I wish more people were involved.

Victoriana! I want Victoriana... :blink::upside::unsure:

Oh, me too! A Victorian steampunk doctor? Awesome.

I'm also interested in Inquisitor Mira -- a Cromwellian pilgrim demon-hunter, right?

And I love that the project has both a Japanese warrior and a Chinese one. Yay! But the Chinese one isn't available yet. Aw.

I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about this Kickstarter at first. "Bombshell Babes" sounds a little ... guy-focused. I've only been back in this hobby for a month now, after a 20 year hiatus, and I've already found some, er, testosterone-laden places where the only viewpoint accepted is the male gaze. But when I discovered that in my initial fortnight of modern minis collecting I had already gotten multiple of Patrick Keith's sculpts, I felt better about it. And seeing what he has planned is even better.

With a Kickstarter the best approach, once being funded is certain, is pledge to the highest level you can afford.

You need to remember that worst case scenario means you lower your pledge near the end if the KS isn't going to achieve your goal.

When I signed up and figured out $150 would get me 18 minis (with shirt trade) that is what I pledged. There were 6 Babes at the time. Experience with KS told me that the project would exceed $100k and that there would be at least 17 Babes to choose from by then. Now I'm up to $160 pledged because I want Luta, and she is probably $50k away from where we are now.

Right now it's $900 to get Mira, that shouldn't even be a ?? with 12 days to go.

Keep in mind that if this follows the normal pattern there are 6 days to go to reach the halfway point in $ pledged. 6 days will put us around $85k at current rates. This means the project could exceed $160k still. With 6 Additionals planned that still leaves growth room for Babes.

As I mentioned on the KS I just hope we see more Babes in advance, we really need concepts for another 6 or 9 Babes so more people have a reason to pledge at higher tiers. The boon of choices is the customer gets what they want, the bane is you need a selection that is greater than the customer wants by at least 3x if not 10x in a luxury item market.

It's nerve-wracking. Immediately after a new goal is reached, there is a flurry of activity, then things slow to a crawl for days. I'd like to move up to the next pledge level, but at the moment there aren't enough figures available that I'm interested in. But for the figures I'm interested in to become available the pledge level has to increase.

Keep in mind, it's the weekend. Kickstarters usually slow down on the weekends. (Reaper Bones was an exception.) We'll be right back to steamrollering goals come Monday. And I figure we'll have Mira unlocked before I get home from church today.