Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

"That Guy"

*sigh* Payday in 2 days. Pretty sure I'm going in for $25.00 pick-2 + pinups with two $10 add-ons and hoping the last few open up. If they don't, it's not as if I can't find anything else nice. This is what makes me crazy about Kickstarter. I start out saying "it's just $25 for two minis I REALLY want. Then it's a few more, and a few more. Yikes!

Also to the poster who said your dice were older than that...wtf? Did you have to carve them outta mammoth bones yourself? :-)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also to the poster who said your dice were older than that...wtf? Did you have to carve them outta mammoth bones yourself? :-)

Yes, the dice you described are the second generation dice from TSR that were made from a harder plastic although I think the superior Zocchi dice were already out by then and most of us had switched over to those. The original dice from TSR had the numbers filled in but were made from a somewhat softer material and the 20-sider rapidly became a sphere as the corners started to wear away.

Yes, the dice you described are the second generation dice from TSR that were made from a harder plastic although I think the superior Zocchi dice were already out by then and most of us had switched over to those. The original dice from TSR had the numbers filled in but were made from a somewhat softer material and the 20-sider rapidly became a sphere as the corners started to wear away.

I had those dice, too, but my dice bag was stolen at Origins '86 in Los Angeles.

Well voting is closed and goals are set.

Remember if you want a Reinforcement you need a Bomb Kit pledge.

Order:

$80000 - Wu Ling Shu

$85000 - Valkyrie Babe

$95000 - Prof Karrick & Thule (Cthulhu Steam Punk)

$100000 - Delzira (Fiendish Babe)

$110000 - Shunkaha & Luta (Shaman Babe & Werewolf)

$120000 - HS38 Rocket Bike Babe (Note: bike is intended to be resin)

$125000 - Cave Girl Babe

$135000 - Atomic Punks (Punk Babe & Trog)

$145000 - Clockwork Firebrigade

$155000 - Linna & Girron (Barsoom Babe 2 & Giralion)

Patrick has indicated there are more Babes to go if we knock over all of these.

Remember Bomb Kit gets you 3 Babes & 1 KS only mini & 3 Limited Release minis (currently) & you can trade the T-Shirt for 2 more Babes. So 9 human sized minis plus extra accessories for $75 at the moment. Adding the Reinforcements improves the value as most are priced at $5 a mini.

Might just be picking nits - but generally it is bad form to move goal posts in the middle of a campaign. The Atomic Punks goal was met at $40K and should likely be honored at that level.

Sad, Cave Girl is so far away. With kicktraq, it predicts 100k finishing (from what I remember). And if we were to guess the L at the end. I would say under 120k. I feel sorry for ObsidianCrane who wants linna and girron.

$200-250K more likely. I haven't been watching the numbers that closely - but that is what I had said a couple weeks ago, and that is were I will keep my target. Should be around 1200 backers and nearly $200 per backer...give or take a bit on either number.

Well voting is closed and goals are set.

[truncated]

$110000 - Shunkaha & Luta (Shaman Babe & Werewolf)

$120000 - HS38 Rocket Bike Babe (Note: bike is intended to be resin)

$125000 - Cave Girl Babe

$145000 - Clockwork Firebrigade

$155000 - Linna & Girron (Barsoom Babe 2 & Giralion)

Patrick has indicated there are more Babes to go if we knock over all of these.

I am sad the Girallon is so far down the list, but I suspect we'll get there anyway.

Might just be picking nits - but generally it is bad form to move goal posts in the middle of a campaign. The Atomic Punks goal was met at $40K and should likely be honored at that level.

I'm not so upset by it; that set wasn't doing much for me from the start (was actually a stumbling block on my way to pledge). Judging by the poll results, not too many are too sad about it, either. Maybe bad form, but I suspect it'll help the KS in the long run. I actually really like the poll idea for determining upcoming goals.

I suspect it'll help the KS in the long run.

I can see no way at all that removing a goal which was met from the list of met goals and moving it $95K away from the point at which it was met at would be helpful...long or short run.

Kickstarter campaigns are entirely about faith and goodwill. That is against faith and goodwill.

There have also been complaints about closing the poll to determine the results for the rankings early by almost 2 days (I'm not even sure it was even open for a full 24 hours). Again, not helpful to faith and goodwill.

The 6% of people who voted for the Atomic punk, may well have signed up specifically when they thought that goal was reached (or going to be reached) back at $40K. They may well look at the KT numbers and decide that their goal will not be reached and drop out of the campaign. Worse still - they might become sour milk on the various internet forums which are needed to further a KS campaign. The viral effect works in both directions remember.

Whether or not I am upset by something is really irrelevant to the way it may be perceived by others.

the Atomic Punks goal was NOT met,

Patrick changed the goals well before we'd hit 40K (if I remember right the change happened before we made 35K),

so while some of the money could have come from folk after them as a reinforecement, the majority came from people after the babes

now whether this was a legitimate tactic, yes you can debate the point

Yeah Orlando has the right of it. The stretch for the Atomic Punks was called off well before they were reached as a goal.

It was called off because there was no incentive to pledge above Bomb Kit because you couldn't select 15 Babes. So the system was re-organised to prioritise getting 15 Babes and then restarting the Reinforcements.

Once 15 Babes were within reach customers were polled to establish the order of the next goals, turns out the Atomic Punks were not popular. Which is probably why the KS first stalled when they were a stretch goal..

I suspect it'll help the KS in the long run.

I can see no way at all that removing a goal which was met from the list of met goals and moving it $95K away from the point at which it was met at would be helpful...long or short run.

I see your point; however, mine was referring more to the poll being helpful: yes, the Punks goal was moved (and, as others have mentioned, it was moved into "?????" status some time ago), but the poll has ensured that more people get more of the minis they want sooner rather than later. There may be a few sour grapes out there, but there are now more people looking more forward to the upcoming goals.

But, the most we can do now is sit back and watch. If Patrick changed it again, there would definitely be problems, I'm sure.

There have also been complaints about closing the poll to determine the results for the rankings early by almost 2 days (I'm not even sure it was even open for a full 24 hours). Again, not helpful to faith and goodwill.

I think the poll was a best effort, but poorly executed idea. The problem being that people with no intention of pledging could vote either at prompting from a backer on some forum, or just as a from of griefing. I would have preferred the vote be in the KS comments with strict rules. You name one mini in a comment one time. Besides, I know the poll wasn't completely accurate, I voted once from my computer, laptop, tablet, and work pc... and my vote still came in third! I've got a dozen computers in my cube at work... at little more time and I could have really skewed the results in my favor.

I am sadface, the cavegirl was the next goal in line and one of the reasons I was finally tipped over the edge into deciding to pledge this next payday. The other one I like is Delzira, and she's next to last. Ah well, guess I was in the minority. I suppose I'll still pledge $25 + $10 (or $20, still kinda torn on that) to get three or four minis and hope for the best. Worst thing that happens is I will choose something else that I like just for the cool factor, even if I'm not going to play them. Some part of me wants the P. Patrol fig just for the fun of it.