Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

"That Guy"

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper ruined all other companies for me.

I wouldn't say that Reaper has completely ruined other companies for me, however their much lower prices and excellent miniature quality has drastically altered my buying habits and evaluation of what is reasonable. Wargames Factory, Victrix, Perry, and Warlord are all companies that offer pretty good minis.

Sorry I'm late to the party here - had a lot of irons in the internet fire today as well as trying to get some sculpting done.

The Babes will be metal with a few resin accessories and the large sidekick or two. They are also 28mm to 32mm depending on the character and there will be a variety of ethnicities and body types represented. I have edited that in the text of the project.

I will be adding picts of the sculpts as I work on them so you will all be able to see the process. I will likely photograph them with some comparative sized figures too. If you want to hold out 'til some are finished that's fine but I plan on leveling them up to as high a finish as I can.

Lots of new art, stretch goal rewards and pics should be posted later tonight in the update.

• Like 2

From whence this wench with a wrench?

http://www.reapermin...etail/50016_w_2

She has a wrench option.

Halber

Oh, thanks for that! I was really curious about a nice wrench girl mini. I also see she's one of the bones models on the kickstarter. I wonder how they'll implement her weapons options. I'm really hoping they just give us her weapons unattached in the package so we can choose which she wields

This wrench girl is not the mini from the BONES kickstarter, this is a completely new sculpt from a new company.

I understand, I was more curious about how the Rosie wrench girl was going to be shipped for Bones, but that's OT. Needless to say, if Rosie from the Bones set comes with her wrench option, I feel like I'll be set for wrench wielding babes :;):

I wish that miniature companies would offer more information on the sizes of their miniatures rather than a claim of being "28mm" or such. I've seen so much variation in what is supposedly "28mm" that it hardly means anything anymore. Is that measured to the eyes or to the top of the head, or do you really just mean "somewhere roughly around that; we don't actually care to measure to be sure"? I've seen what were billed as "heroic 28mm" figures that were actually 32mm when measured to the eyes. And even in-line variance can be pretty harsh: Try lining up the Kroid soldiers (AKA "Zombie German Soldiers") sometime next to Sgt. Torrey and General Drake and Aldorf Hinzler, and you might see what I mean.

If I'm looking at a miniatures board game that's self-contained, such as Sedition Wars or Zombicide, it's not as big of an issue; whether they're 28mm or 32mm, or how they measure it, the important thing is that they're internally consistent; I know that when I play one game or the other, I have all the minis I need for that. If it happens to turn out that my Zombicide minis can look my Chronoscope survivors in the eye, and I can use both for a "War of the Dead" campaign without looking silly, that's a nice added bonus.

However, if I'm looking at a handful of stand-alone RPG minis, unless I'm the sort of collector who just wants to paint them and stick them up on a shelf (not my style) for display, I'm trying to think of how I'll incorporate them into games -- either as proxies for a wargame, or character types or encounters for an RPG. I can get away with a certain amount of leeway between scales, but the differences have gotten extreme; if I try to put my old West End Games stormtroopers on the same table as my new Hasbro/WOTC Star Wars minis, the end result is ... silly-looking. ("Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?")

Anyway, short answer would be ... if a miniatures-manufacturer is going to claim to be of a certain scale, I'd like to know what that MEANS. Is it "size of miniature from base of foot to eye level"? Or "This is how tall the miniature would be from foot to head, if the character were 6 feet tall and it was standing up straight"? (I recognize that there can be height differences between individual figures, and differences based on their stance, but I've been burned a few too many times, to the point where I have my doubts about any manufacturer who makes claims to a familiar miniature scale without further qualification, if I have no way to actually see the figure on a shelf and judge for myself.)

Having a graphic with a representation of a sample figure and showing how it lines up next to a ruler would communicate pretty nicely to me how tall or short the "average" figure is supposed to be in the line.

• Like 1