Sign in to follow this  
"That Guy"

Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

GW attitude? I don't think there was any hostility there initially. Text is notoriously hard to read intent. I can type something and have three readers find three different ways of reading my post.

• Like 2

GW attitude? I don't think there was any hostility there initially. Text is notoriously hard to read intent. I can type something and have three readers find three different ways of reading my post.

Only three? ^_^

Wow...I'll agree, the perfunctory nature of the creator comments in that update are somewhat put of character with my experience talking to Patrick at Rcon...although I suspect the "advanced modelling skills" required on the Nowada piece are a simple as...well, as gently bending two tiny, narrow pewter arms so their joints are closer together. That's what mine requires. I'd much rather they be too far apart than too close.

That said, I can see why the creator comments in that update might upset some people.

That said, I love my babes!

If I take your point that it is hard to read intention from text, then you will have to explain why you read hostility in the words "GW attitude" after all they are a very successful business with excellent customer support.

I don't know about hostility, but it's certainly dismissive.

If I take your point that it is hard to read intention from text, then you will have to explain why you read hostility in the words "GW attitude" after all they are a very successful business with excellent customer support.

And I'm pretty sure, in context, that's not how you meant for the GW comparison to be taken.

I would assume that people are talking about the response to the person who would now like a refund. I know that Patrick and other members of the Bomb Squad have been feverishly trying to contact people who had "issues" with their survey. I'm also pretty sure he stated that surveys with issues would be delayed. I don't know if this person had a problematic survey, or if there were other circumstances. But, I'm not sure what more can be done than offer to ship, or not.

EDIT for early morning typos...

Edited by The Inner Geek

And I'm pretty sure, in context, that's not how you meant for the GW comparison to be taken.

Exactly! Patrick meant what he type and I am pretty sure about it if you read what he type in context.

It was a badly phrased comment, probably best to leave it to those directly involved to analyse what exactly was meant though.

• Like 4

Yay! The webstore is open!

...Ouch, the international shipping costs are pretty shocking, I'm going to have to re-think my plan to buy them a mini at a time.

Save up your money and buy in bulk. Or get friends to go in on the orders. The bigger the order, the less the shipping is per mini.

International shipping is pretty much a disaster from just about everywhere now, so bigger orders are the way to go (of course that means VAT to pay for me, good thing I got the lot so far from the KS)

Save up your money and buy in bulk. Or get friends to go in on the orders. The bigger the order, the less the shipping is per mini.

International shipping is pretty much a disaster from just about everywhere now, so bigger orders are the way to go (of course that means VAT to pay for me, good thing I got the lot so far from the KS)

That's why I wanted to get them one at a time, to slide under the VAT limit limbo-style.

Looks like anyway I order them they're going to end up on the pricey side.

Yay! Received my package from Bombshell Babes today!

Sooo many mini's! ::):

Just opened up the package and am currently taking inventory. Looks like I received one of those Bronze Bombardier pins that Orlando also did. Although I was pretty active supporting the Bombshells on various forums, I suspect the size of my order may have helped as well. :;):

Back to the inventory.

Received mine yesterday and inventoried....there was an error which I've emailed them about (now to see what happens...)

They are nice figures though:-)