Sign in to follow this  
"That Guy"

Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

Has anything been said about the existing Babes being made available through this new Kickstarter?

Depending on the answer this month could get VERY expensive.

I don't think they can put already produced retail product on the Kickstarter for KS Rules reasons. I suggested to Pat that they at least look into a way to give KS backers a coupon code to use on the Bombshell store site to allow backers to order off the site and have items shipped when their KS package ships to save some shipping costs. They were going to look into it, but I don't know that was found to be doable and within KS rules or not.

Edited by The Inner Geek

I don't think they can put already produced retail product on the Kickstarter for KS Rules reasons.

Can you point to the rule of which you're thinking. This is the first time I've heard of this and I've seen lots of Kickstarters that include pre-existing products in their rewards.

Go look at the Bombshell forum. It's a bit more than 'meh'. I put it at awesome, especially given it's a reveal of the future robot line...

KS guide lines are to be found here http://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines

coupons/vouchers etc are specifically excluded : •No contests, raffles, coupons, or lifetime memberships

The no existing stuff exclusion is more nebulous,and you find out how well you fit the criteria when you apply

Reading between the lines I think actually means you must be offering at least something that is NEW, and that any pledges you offer must have at least some NEW stuff within it.

So you could offer existing minis as add-ons to a pledge, but not have them be the only thing in the pledge. I also suspect that if it looked like you were offering a $1 keyring to allow folk to 'add on' $500 worth of existing stuff KS would probably not approve the project

Yeah, the 'no coupon' rule is pretty strict. It came up and bit the Wild West Exodus guys part-way through their project. They'd offered just such a coupon as a stretch goal, reached that goal and then had to replace it with another stretch goal.

Bombshell is one of the KS's I backed that has delivered so I would have no hesitation in backing for a second. I don't doubt that there will be a few more things in the project either.

It's the only one that has completed delivery in my KS queue. The Bombshell Babes team's customer service has been extremely good at taking care of order/delivery issues and communication.

I vaguely recall it being mentioned that the three new Bombshell Babes that were released might be included in the new kickstarter but I've no idea where I saw that or if my mind has invented it.

I hope Patrick does Robot Babes.

I mean, who wouldn't want a Robot Babe in a skimpy maid outfit a la Rosie from The Jetsons?

Grrrrr!

• Like 1

I don't think they can put already produced retail product on the Kickstarter for KS Rules reasons.

Can you point to the rule of which you're thinking. This is the first time I've heard of this and I've seen lots of Kickstarters that include pre-existing products in their rewards.

I can't. I think Orlando covered it a couple posts down though. So, it might be possible per his post, but I've not heard about it being something they're going to do.

I hope Patrick does Robot Babes.

I mean, who wouldn't want a Robot Babe in a skimpy maid outfit a la Rosie from The Jetsons?

Grrrrr!

Rosie was a full figured robo-maid... but there ain't nothing wrong with that. I still want one of those Jiggy-Bots over at MrDandy.

Rosie was a full figured robo-maid... but there ain't nothing wrong with that. I still want one of those Jiggy-Bots over at MrDandy.

What can I say. I like my robogals to have a bit of metal on their frames.

:;):

• Like 1

Go look at the Bombshell forum. It's a bit more than 'meh'. I put it at awesome, especially given it's a reveal of the future robot line...

I've seen it over there Cash. That's where I got my info. I'm just saying that a KS for one mini, even one with a big base, is not something that grabs my attention.