Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

"That Guy"

Okay - yeah, so technically all of that. The Inner Geek has the inner scoop on this one.

Actually we have been planning the rocket ship kit since before GenCon. As soon as Brett brought the parts over and said he wanted a rocket ship scenery piece for the GenCon demo game I knew I wanted to make a resin kit for that and the scheming began instantly.

The resin model is designed around 1/48 scale and the egg-shaped hull is about 2.5" tall at the widest point making the overall length about 5". It is designed by Illyrian Ship Works and is ideal for Illyrians but makes it a little snug for humans of the same scale. We will offer upgrade packs for the ship so you can model it with different load out configurations. We will also be offering a new crew team as well as existing sets of crew.

I can't really give you more details than that at this point. Vicky is still building all the backer levels and laying out the rewards structure.

The file went to the printer yesterday so here's hoping there are no problems with it and it prints okay.

• Like 2

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got onto the facebook to connect with Thrym for our paint day and started liking/following People of Interest.

How do you get so much sculpting done and still have time to be so active on the facebook? :upside:

His iPad is docked within easy reach of his sculpting seat. That plus Patrick is a sculpt-ninja.

So are these

NeiranHunters.jpg

Part of the first kickstarter (October) or the second (Q1 2014)... I like the look of them, and will probably use them for a fantsay race in my table top game...

I believe these are one of the "nemesis" races... sort of galactic bad guys. The October ship/crew KS will probably include crew that fit into the 'Galactic Defense Force' or 'Freelancers' factions. I'm not sure if a Freelancer crew might include a Neiran or not? I'd personally like to see at least one representative of each race in the October KS to build up some excitement for the big KS next year.

The short answer is, the Q1 2014 KS will be the time to look for these to be offered in any substantial quantity.

Edited by The Inner Geek
  • Like 1

I got onto the facebook to connect with Thrym for our paint day and started liking/following People of Interest.

How do you get so much sculpting done and still have time to be so active on the facebook? :upside:

As Inner Geek pointed out, my iPad is docked on my workbench so I can easily switch back and forth with all the concept art I work from. Whenever I finish a section on the models I'm working on and they go into the putty oven I hit refresh on the tabs with my email, Facebook and whatever Kickstarter project I'm following at the time., etc. It's just a habit I brought over from my days a cubicle slave sitting in front of a monitor all night. I was still ranked #5 at our helpdesk even though all I did was sculpt and surf the internet my entire shift.

• Like 3

We will offer upgrade packs for the ship so you can model it with different load out configurations. We will also be offering a new crew team as well as existing sets of crew.

I can't really give you more details than that at this point. Vicky is still building all the backer levels and laying out the rewards structure

On dear. Statements like that makes me wonder how many of these ships I'm going to end up with cause, y'know, gotta collect them all. :;):

I hope Vicky is including multiple ship backer levels for the different load out configurations.

Pop the ship on the table with some Gnomes (assuming some sort of D&D setting),

never refer to it directly

it will drive your players crazy trying to figure out what's going on and why there's a spaceship around

Hmm... ok I might be interested in the rocket now. I'm running Spelljammer and if any fantasy race would use a 50's era pulp rocket it's the tinker gnomes. Guess I'll wait and see