Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

"That Guy"

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the discussion here, other forums and in the Comments section of the project, I added a new FAQ to the bottom of the main page:

At the $100 level the value of items can be considered like this: Postcards set $5, Shirt $20, Maelee $25, Shipping $11 = $61. That leaves $39 for six Babes making them $6.50 each.

Higher levels bring the price-per-choice of Babes down even more. Keep in mind ALL pledge levels include shipping to US backers so that must be factored in as well. International backers will still need to include an additional $12 to this in order to cover shipping outside the US, even Canada.

Every level at $75 and above includes what we've dubbed as the BOMB KIT. The BOMB KIT Level will expand with additional perks like the FREE 40mm resin Ammo Dump or FREE Bombshell Relics as more stretch goals are achieved! You may still trade the shirt during the survey after the close of the project for two additional Babes selections.

• Like 1

Hi Patrick,

I hope you have some luck bucking the "price-per-mini" trend with your FAQ entry, but I'm afraid you may be introducing the topic to a lot of backers that haven't been considering it. This forum may be distorting your perspective on that topic because we're all Bones backers that got $0.41/mini (including the metal Sophie, and shipping, two PDFs and a forum badge in that). No one's going to be competing with that price point for miniatures .. probably ever. Your boutique minis have so much personality and character, that I really think you should be pushing that aspect. I'm actually hoping I'll get a chance to back this project, but I'm under a solemn vow to paint 2 minis for every 1 I buy for at least the next year... so I better get painting, quick. :) Anyway, reading people's ideas for dioramas using these minis got me really amped up for the project. Not calculating the mass of the tin and comparing to wholesale commodity prices, or comparing them to a "Bag of Zombies" from the toy store. Play to your strengths! Maybe try pumping fans for some fanfic that would introduce the characters a bit and linking to that in the project?

• Like 1

Your boutique minis have so much personality and character, that I really think you should be pushing that aspect.

I agree! That's why I posted the FAQ so it's all in one place to refer to, so hopefully now we can all get back to talking about how cool these things will be.

Also, I should be getting some more art from the designers this week and I am currently working on adding on another artist to the contributors. i'll keep you updated.

I'm in towards the lower level (manly for Dusty, and now Vivian), once I can see a green of one of the babes to see how they move from concept to mini I'll drop in more if I like what I see

(and this is coming from somebody who had largely given up metal, not that it's bad, and I actually orefer playing with metals, it's just such a pain to convert/mess about with)

I'm in towards the lower level (manly for Dusty, and now Vivian), once I can see a green of one of the babes to see how they move from concept to mini I'll drop in more if I like what I see.

I'm working on the sculpts now and will be posting more pics of the progress soon.

Have you seen my other work? It's mostly from concept art.

I'm in towards the lower level (manly for Dusty, and now Vivian), once I can see a green of one of the babes to see how they move from concept to mini I'll drop in more if I like what I see.

I'm working on the sculpts now and will be posting more pics of the progress soon.

Have you seen my other work? It's mostly from concept art.

Yup I've seen it and like most of it and i don't imagine it will be any different here

but I need some way to 'rein in' my KS spending so I shall stay at the 'some' babes level until I see a nice tasty green, then I'll abandon all attempts at restraint and jump in for all of them,

$40,000 Unlocks Vivian Gale as a Babes Choice!

We are almost to the point where we can fund putting Vivian Gale into production. After a little bit of restructuring our stretch goals, the new lineup looks fantastic! As soon as we reach the $40,000 mark we will add Vivan to the Target Acquired status and add a Squidman to every BOMB KIT!

Vivian.jpg

perk2_squidman.jpg

We have revealed more Concept art for upcoming goals that are posted on the main page. Jump in and spread the word!

The support from backers so far has been fantastic! Let's keep the momentum going!

See more of the official update with new art here!