How many of you would like to assemble your own bones ?

219 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to assemble your Bones yourself?

• I would prefer to assemble my Bones myself.
    • I like Bacon.
    • I don't have an opinion on this topic but like to push buttons.
    • My dog buried my Bones.
    • I would prefer to purchase my Bones preassembled.
    • Reaper Bryan deserves more Hot Wings.
    • I would prefer to only assemble larger Bones Models myself.

I bought some bones and upon close examination found that some were multi part casts preassembled. Mine were assembled poorly. The bugbear had a large gap where the head was attached and the gnoll's shield was improperly attached, the straps were sticking out. Some crazy glue, clamps and filler fixed this.

I think Reaper could save some money and time by shipping the Kickstarter pieces unassembled. I personally like to assemble miniatures. This also allows for some variety in the poses, it also allows me to paint some parts prior to assembly. Though painting assembled bones is easier because you can bend back parts to get at hard to reach areas.

Edited by ladystorm
Added Poll
  • Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the complaints are getting absurd, and that maybe a few people could work on being a little less difficult to please.

My god, it's like the ultimate army man pack. I'll be giggling like a schoolchild when that box comes. And more than likely lying on the kitchen floor making them fight each other.   pew-pew! rra

/waits for Buglips to come in and comment that he is not people, but a goblin.

I have had the exact same experience (with the Bugbear in particular) and the exact same thought. I'd be happy to take a bit of control over the assembly process in order to up the quality. That said, I guess the larger target audience may be in it for the convenience?

Add my vote for self assembly.

If there were a choice, I would prefer unassembled Bones that I could assemble myself.

I am something of a perfectionist and it drives me crazy if I get something imperfectly assembled.

Also, I like the choice of how to pose things. I tinkered with Nalani the Dancing Girl's arm to get it to what I considered the perfect angle. I'd hate to be stuck with someone else's idea of it.

If pre-assembling minis is supposed to be a timesaver, it's one that will bug me more than satisfy me.

• Like 2

If they didn't come assembled, I would never have bought them. I supported the Kickstarter precisely because I have very little - actually, make that no - interest in assembling or painting minis. If they decide to send them unassembled, I won't complain, but I'll chalk it up as a bad purchase and never buy more. Sorry to sound so absolute, but I was drawn to this KS exactly for the convenience. I can dig others wanting something else, but I'd be really disappointed in unassembled minis. I don't know what the target audience for Bones was, but they're the first minis in 30+ years of gaming that appealed to me.

• Like 2
  • Forum Mascot

I'd prefer to do my own assembly. But then again, I'm the kind of person who doesn't like being on an airplane because somebody else is driving. Not that I could fly it any better, or at all, but I'd feel much more satisfied being in control. Or at least in the front seat when my plane-flying ignorance makes things go wrong.

• Like 2

If they didn't come assembled, I would never have bought them. I supported the Kickstarter precisely because I have very little - actually, make that no - interest in assembling or painting minis. If they decide to send them unassembled, I won't complain, but I'll chalk it up as a bad purchase and never buy more. Sorry to sound so absolute, but I was drawn to this KS exactly for the convenience. I can dig others wanting something else, but I'd be really disappointed in unassembled minis. I don't know what the target audience for Bones was, but they're the first minis in 30+ years of gaming that appealed to me.

Ooh, a good point.

I have 30+ years of gaming experience too. I just prefer to assemble my own minis.

It's probably too great a logistical nightmare to hope that Reaper might give us a choice of pre-assembled or not.

Although, thinking about it, I wonder about the logistics of shipping the Nethyrmaul figure. Surely it would be easier to ship unassembled, and less susceptible to injury to boot.

I have 30+ years of gaming experience too. I just prefer to assemble my own minis.

I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to offer minis that I would buy. I know tons of people enjoy assembling and painting them, and I can understand why even if it isn't my bag. I'm too fumble-fingered to spend much money on minis I have to assemble or paint, especially when that isn't my hobby of choice. I do realize I may be very much in the minority here. I just wanted to voice my opinion because I dropped a good chunk of money on the KS because I wanted to get the Vampire set and a copy of each of the extras. Like I said, if they end up making them unassembled, I'll just accept it as my own fault for not making sure about this matter before buying in.

I don't mind either way

But there was enough info around during the KS to suggest they would be pre-assembled (excepy maybe bits like wings on big dragons that make packing tricky) so I think that's what Reaper should stick to.

And Im sure it's what most if not all of the mini 'virgins' will be after

Unasembled parts should be left to 'online orders' once production in in the USA

• Like 1