The Great Minatures Oath! (Encouragement needed...)

siliconjedi

Sometime ago, depressingly close to a decade I made a solemn oath.

An oath that I would not buy another miniature until my Warhammer Dwarf Army was painted.

I have violated this oath many many times in drips and drabs, but the onslaught of KS Bones is too flagrant to ignore.

I have to finish the army. The good new is that I am almost done. I basecoated and dipped my gyrocopter, and I only have the 4 figures for my anvil of doom and a single engineer, and then I am free!

I need some support and encouragement.

• Like 1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll match you - I have the following to paint:

--13 Hinterland Sailors

--40ish Imperial Romans to be-steampunk, and a converted Aquilifer

--8 steampunk cannons

--Probably 50 VSF British to convert and paint.

--One VSF captured-cytherean shield truck.

Can you finish yours before I finish two of the above?

I shouldn't be in this thread. I'm a Bad Influence, as my horde of half-painted miniatures can attest.

"Why?" screams my Garrity Frost Giant, "Why have ye forsaken me, Buglips?"

Me: "Cause I started you five years ago and can't remember what colors I used."

Cyclops: "Just be thankful he didn't paint your eyes, giant. I can never unsee what he half-did to me."

• Like 2

Sometime ago, depressingly close to a decade I made a solemn oath.

An oath that I would not buy another miniature until my Warhammer Dwarf Army was painted.

I have violated this oath many many times in drips and drabs, but the onslaught of KS Bones is too flagrant to ignore.

I have to finish the army. The good new is that I am almost done. I basecoated and dipped my gyrocopter, and I only have the 4 figures for my anvil of doom and a single engineer, and then I am free!

I need some support and encouragement.

Would it help if I told you I have (not including my Epic scale Warhammer 40K minis - about 4 armies worth 10 000+ points each) close to 500 miniatures needing painting? I'm back at it though! 13 down - 487 to go!! Woohoo! If I can stay positive in light of *that* you can blast through those last few figures and then post pics of an awesome dwarf army! yay!

• Like 1

I shouldn't be in this thread. I'm a Bad Influence, as my horde of half-painted miniatures can attest.

"Why?" screams my Garrity Frost Giant, "Why have ye forsaken me, Buglips?"

Me: "Cause I started you five years ago and can't remember what colors I used."

Cyclops: "Just be thankful he didn't paint your eyes, giant. I can never unsee what he half-did to me."

Yep be thankful we ain't gods, what a world we'd create......the odd foot walking around......naked people, or clothes without people, a couple of random heads.