Halloween 2012 Paint Competition Rules and Discussion

MonkeySloth

I got that the basing and the actual diorama parts didn't have to be Reaper but my understanding was that any of the figures in it have to be. So thank you for clearing that up.

Being then that the figures have to be Reaper the question still remained (in my mind anyway) if the Reaper figures had be painted with Reaper paint. Thank you for clearing that up too.

I actually would like to see the various paint molecules to see what you all can apparently see once it's on the mini- because for the life of me I can't tell a difference between "mini paint" and "craft/hobby paint". Even with my 20/13 vision or having a picture of it blown up to the pixel level. Perhaps one day I'll be able to wrap my head around it...

But thanks for the help!! I'm in charge of a camping event this weekend and I'm going to take a few pieces to work on if I get the chance to sit for a few minutes. (ha ha!)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually would like to see the various paint molecules to see what you all can apparently see once it's on the mini- because for the life of me I can't tell a difference between "mini paint" and "craft/hobby paint". Even with my 20/13 vision or having a picture of it blown up to the pixel level. Perhaps one day I'll be able to wrap my head around it...

I've heard they all use liquid pigments now, so that leaves the other two components to differentiate: binder and... and... flow improver medium? I'm guessing craft paints have a different flow improver, or less of it cut with water. I'm no scientist but people in this forum have tried thinning them with mixed results. I have used a few craft paint colors with my "mini paint" and they have performed solidly--mixed well and no weird effects.

Both of these tombstone sets are very affordable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-28-mm-Table-Top-World-Tombstones-Lot-A-/251102153633?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a76dacba1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWSACC-034-Terrain-bits-Tombstones-/360488833234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eecf10d2

I have the second set, which need some cleaning, and the first one is higher quality but you get less.

I'd really love to enter this contest!

Just something I'm wondering about though...

I'm not sure which category 01414: Grim Reaper would fall under.

He's a hefty guy at 72mm scale, and already has his own decorative base.

Or would I even be able to enter him, since he's not of the 28mm scale?

Oh also, I just tried to check out the links for the contest and they're not working for me.

Can't click on them. ::(:

Oh also, I just tried to check out the links for the contest and they're not working for me.

Scale doesn't matter.

The links haven't been posted yet.

Doh. Thanks for reminding me. I'll get to these tonight.

Scale doesn't matter.

The links haven't been posted yet.

Doh. Thanks for reminding me. I'll get to these tonight.

Oh dude, I dont want you to think I was pointing that out to you. That would be rude. I was just answering the poster above my post regarding their inability to click on the links.