UPCOMING CAV SOFTWARE

Froggy the Great

Stuart, Frank, and I have been working on a CAV roster-builder program, currently called CAV-RC. As it appears that Reaper Matt is open to the concept, I can now make the announcement.

I don't know about the license yet, that much depends on what Reaper wants, and we won't be able to work that out till after Dec. 11th. "Cheaper than Army Builder" and "Widely distributed" is what the three of us agreed on. Beyond that, it's up in the air.

We will go to open beta shortly after the 11th, barring anything major going foom.

But enough of that, here's a feature list:

-All units from all published CAV books are supported.

-All weapon-swap and configuration rules are supported.

-Create the roster by section.

-Print the roster by unit, section, or whole roster.

-Print one, two, or four datacards per page (that's one section per page, y'know), and the data-cards look oh so spiffy.

-Graphical indication of power requirements to move/shoot/use pods, etc.

-Save personalized notes with each unit.

-Digital verification and validation of stock versus modified units.

-Clean, crisp, intuitive interface.

-Easy swapping of any and all components via the Components list screen.

Screenshot of the main interface:

CAVRC-Roster.jpg

Screenshot of the Add Unit screen:

CAVRC-Select%20Unit.jpg

Screenshot of the configure screen:

CAVRC-Configure.jpg

Expect an update in mid-December.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must stress that we have no permission from Reaper to distribute this software, so don't even ask. It is currently listed as 'for personal use'. So before anyone asks, this is all the information we have to give, and no you can't have a copy.

Not yet anyway :o)

But if you are interested or have any idea of features you would like to see (someone gag KAMUT) please feel free to post them here. I hope this goes further as a project however, if nothing else I now have the best roster printer possible for my own use, which was the original intention of the project.

Stuart

Gag KAMUT

ACK!!

Naw, man, I saw it and am ecstatically cool with it.

Definately a numbah one in my book and its hellified better than AB.

Can each section be individually named?

Can the roster itself be named, and show up on the print?

Can we get a screenshot of the print format, and is there anything specific notewise for each section and/or each roster. like a blank note field where I could write in each section's commendations, combat profile or mission abilities.

Gag KAMUT

ACK!!

Naw, man, I saw it and am ecstatically cool with it.

Hehe

Definately a numbah one in my book and its hellified better than AB.

Woohoo.

Can each section be individually named?

Yes

Can the roster itself be named, and show up on the print?

Maybe.

Can we get a screenshot of the print format, and is there anything specific notewise for each section and/or each roster. like a blank note field where I could write in each section's commendations, combat profile or mission abilities.

Maybe, and for each unit, in that order.

Edited by Herr Oberfroschmeister

Yeah, this is hot alright!

I can definitely use this. It gives each army a little more personality than AB was ever capable of. That to me is sometimes more important than the unit itself.

What about names for pilots, WSOs? or even technicians and stuff.

something for the unit command and stay in the rear with the gear types.

hell, unit information to kind of build up fluff around it. that'll be cool too.

OK, I'll put the gag back on and go back to lurk mode.

Great job guys!

It looks very good. Great work guys. The one feature that I'd like to be sure is in there is the total modifiers given at the bottom of the current AB datacards. I'm reffering to the total TL bonus, total ECM and total armor at each given damage track. It makes for a quick reference, I consider it a must. One other thing you may consider; I'll usually go thru my datacards and highlight the damage track where power becomes an issue. If your program would somehow do that I think it would be cool.

It looks very good. Great work guys. The one feature that I'd like to be sure is in there is the total modifiers given at the bottom of the current AB datacards. I'm reffering to the total TL bonus, total ECM and total armor at each given damage track. It makes for a quick reference, I consider it a must. One other thing you may consider; I'll usually go thru my datacards and highlight the damage track where power becomes an issue. If your program would somehow do that I think it would be cool.

I think that's what the "highlited" or colored damage tracks are for. Frosch did say something about the power req's.

It looks very good. Great work guys.  The one feature that I'd like to be sure is in there is the total modifiers given at the bottom of the current AB datacards. I'm reffering to the total TL bonus, total ECM and total armor at each given damage track. It makes for a quick reference, I consider it a must. One other thing you may consider; I'll usually go thru my datacards and highlight the damage track where power becomes an issue. If your program would somehow do that I think it would be cool.

I think that's what the "highlited" or colored damage tracks are for. Frosch did say something about the power req's.

As far as the T/E/A modifiers, I believe we've discussed it and I don't remember offhand what the decision was. It's probably not going to get into the first beta, whatever the decision is.

And yes, the highlighted columns in the screenshot are where power becomes a problem. It's not in the printout yet, but it's on the issues list.

Here's a screenshot of a printout, having been printed to PDF, screencaptured, and shrunk into illegibility. Note that these are un-proofread data cards, so the points totals are quite likely incorrect.

CAVRC-Printout.gif

Edited by Herr Oberfroschmeister