UPCOMING CAV SOFTWARE

Froggy the Great

We're really tight on space for the printout right now.  I don't think it'll work out, and if it did, it'd at least triple the download, but I'll run it by the others.

All your comments are duly noted and put on the issues list as requests, by the way.  Whether they get acted upon depends on feasability and priority.

and how much fun it sounds like doing. Still this has already paid off 2 functions I wrote for this program have been used in my real job so far, so it is all good expierence.

Just for Kamut, named crew is well on it's way.

Kit thanks for the offer of help, once we know where we stand with this I hope to be in touch.

Stuart

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll speak to Stuart and see if we can get something like that added guys, but it won't work when trying to print 4 CAV's to a page.

Ideally, some nicely painted pictures would be nice, but if not the ones from the Online Store would probably work out okay.

I'll speak to people, and see :o)

I'm hashing out what is needed for a cross-platform version of this program...

I've decided on Python, as it is supported on Mac, Windows, and Linux

I'm debating on using WxPython ( uses wxwindows for the UI ) or PyGtk ( uses GTK ) for development on all three platforms. Trying to see which has the simpler print support...

Okay, it's all a big mess... ( I'm probably NEVER going to use SUSE again after all of this... )

Well, It seems that perhaps QT is the cleanest on Mac and Linux, but there is no free version on Windows....

I'm pulling my hair out over WxPython. Designing the UI is pretty easy, but the possibility of printing anything looks morbidly complicated.

We won't have to do anything for Warlord Nym. This was initially done by someone in their own time for their own personal use. It's snowballed a little, and if we get permission from Reaper then it'll be released to the world, but that doesn't change the initial intent.

I might try and pursuade Stuart to do something similar for Warlord.... but I dare say Stuart will want a break from coding for a little after things have sorted themselves out.

We shall see....

Yes, yes it was.

It was recieved quite well by all parties.

Yes, but not serious, that I am aware of. If any of you know differently, I need to know about it so they can be addressed.

We're finishing up some issues, and working on what we need to do for distribution of whatever kind we end up with.

Though the issues seems to be minor, I have worked in software production long enough to know that the phrase "Lies, D***ed Lies, and User Documentation" also applies to projected release dates.

Edited by Herr Oberfroschmeister

There were a few small issues that popped up when Frank and I were entering 14 sections in one roster for the defending force of new Memphis... but then again we were doing it on my iBook, running os X, running Virtual PC, running Windows 2000, running CAV-RC...soo I have to go back and do some repeat testing to see if they were indeed issues.

That and Frank had issues because those weird brits use weird paper...funny brits..

other then that it worked great, folks liked having their sections on one page, everything was easy to read and easy to find.

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

There were a few small issues that popped up when Frank and I were entering 14 sections in one roster for the defending force of new Memphis... but then again we were doing it on my iBook, running os X, running Virtual PC, running Windows 2000, running CAV-RC...soo I have to go back and do some repeat testing to see if they were indeed issues.

Now that's what I call stress testing.

I haven't run it past 7 or 8 sections myself. I'm going to be really testing some things for my next game - my opponent has put some odd (to me) force restrictions on me, so I am going to be playing with modifying a lot of CAV. Heavily.

I am also going to build the hypothetical army lists for a very large convention game. Should be somewhere between 30 and 40 sections per side.