Reaper minatures for warhammer army

dwarfelphinstone

so I have read some other posts about using reaper minis for a warhammer army but i havent seen anyone ask about dwarfs.

I would like to put some female dwarfs into my army and really like the look of the reaper shield maidens from the warlords game. does anyone know if they would be the same sort of size and scale etc as gw dwarf warriors i know they are 25mm comparer to 28 but are the dwarfs both scaled down to the same dimensions?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the newer Kragmar Dwarves for Warlord are bigger and will overhang a 20mm base severly. The shieldmaidens will fit on 20mm bases but will have difficulty ranking up. Yes they are bigger than GW Dwarves but that is because they are are more than the ugly belly with feet models GW produces. Frankly my WFB Dwarves are all Reaper Dwarves on 25mm bases.

As far as the bases go, GW has stated before that the bases that are supplied with the miniatures are the suggested bases. GW says that their models should be on the given bases or larger, just not on smaller bases. I have an entire lizardman army that has skinks on 25mm bases instead of their given 20mm, and no one has ever cared one bit about it. ::):

• Like 1

In general Reaper minis fit in well with GW minis. I'm actually in the process of the creating a database of minis that will categorize them as possible substitutes for various game systems. Unfortunately being in Afghanistan severly limits my ability to deploy it, but I should be able to put up a prototype in early November.

• Like 2

Until about 2 years ago, I had collected GW minis since the mid 80's. I just absolutely refuse to keep up with their pricing scheme though. Anywho, what I've been doing since I'm playing Warlord now is, of course, using my old GW stuff in my games, and what I've been using them as is:

1. Lizardmen for Reptus

2. Ogre Kingdoms for Icingstead

3. Dark Elves for Darkreach (My Dark Elves were already on 25mm bases instead of the standard 20mm)

4. Human Chaos for Overlords

I started (happily!) buying Reaper stuff to fill in cracks for stuff I needed in the armies.

Until about 2 years ago, I had collected GW minis since the mid 80's. I just absolutely refuse to keep up with their pricing scheme though. Anywho, what I've been doing since I'm playing Warlord now is, of course, using my old GW stuff in my games, and what I've been using them as is:

1. Lizardmen for Reptus

2. Ogre Kingdoms for Icingstead

3. Dark Elves for Darkreach (My Dark Elves were already on 25mm bases instead of the standard 20mm)

4. Human Chaos for Overlords

I started (happily!) buying Reaper stuff to fill in cracks for stuff I needed in the armies.

That is what I do. However I still buy GW stuff I'm just a lot more selective now.