Sign in to follow this  
Jay

FETCH!

Here's my entry in the summer painting contest. Hope you all enjoy it.

I entered in the diorama category.

Parts used:

02981: Lonnia, Female Duelist, sculpted by Gene Van Horne

I don't know the dog monster's number, it's a 2002 Reaper piece. Either that or somebody named "RMI" :)

Fantascape "Wyrdstone Mines" wm0009 base

When I saw the duelist figure I immediately thought about doing something like this with her. I was glad I got an excuse to help motivate me to finish the piece! I chopped off the sword and replaced it with some chain for jewelry making. Painting loose chain is a pain! It chips off terribly. I sculpted a collar on the dog using grey stuff and hooked up the chain after it dried.

Added a couple of layers of washes to the base and put on some flock to break up all the stone. I think I should have put more plants down.

post-5131-0-99320400-1347495545_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-40170500-1347495598_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-84401600-1347495624_thumb.jpg

post-5131-0-03489100-1347495570_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

very clever conversion :)

My painting isn't always the best so I try to make up for it in other ways

Wow! At first glance, I wouldn't have suspected that this was originally a "duelist." The figure pose goes very nicely with the "animal-handler" look. I also really like the broken-flagstone look to the base.

• Like 1

This is really beautiful! The posing of the figures is just perfect and I think the paint job is really good - certainly up to the high standard you set with this conversion. The basing is simply amazing - that's an area I really have to work on.

• Like 1

Wow! At first glance, I wouldn't have suspected that this was originally a "duelist." The figure pose goes very nicely with the "animal-handler" look. I also really like the broken-flagstone look to the base.

Thanks. I've been buying a bunch of bases from nearly everyone who makes them. I have a couple of storage boxes full of them now.

When I get an idea I have a reasonable chance of finding something decent to put it on. It's a good investment if you're going to be painting a lot

This is really beautiful! The posing of the figures is just perfect and I think the paint job is really good - certainly up to the high standard you set with this conversion. The basing is simply amazing - that's an area I really have to work on.

Thanks cow! I'm not a very good painter, but I'm glad you liked it.

Nice work, I like the white pants. You did a good job on removing the broccoli bases.

My only critique will go to that long mould line along her waist scarf.

Congrats on the win!

• Like 1