Celestial Hurricanum w/ Reaper Zodiac Minis

Darknight

I wish I had something Reaper-y to post which showed more painting skill than this - the Reaper figures on this aren't really "painted" so much as "stained" - but it is the only thing I have with painted Reaper figures which I have got a picture of. I'll have to take some pics of the other Reaper minis I have done.

Anyway; this is a Warhammer Celestial Hurricanum for the Empire, extensively converted / scratchbuilt. You can see the process of same here. I expanded on the "orrery" theme of the model, adding a flat world and a support for same made of elephants and a turtle, and put statues representing the zodiac around the edge. And, of course, I got those models from Reaper!

Click for larger images;

hurc01sm.jpg hurc02sm.jpg hurc03sm.jpg hurc04sm.jpg hurc05sm.jpg hurc06sm.jpg hurc07sm.jpg hurc08sm.jpg hurc09sm.jpg hurc10sm.jpg hurc11sm.jpg hurc12sm.jpg hurc13sm.jpg hurc14sm.jpg hurc15sm.jpg hurc16sm.jpg hurc17sm.jpg hurc18sm.jpg hurc19sm.jpg hurc20sm.jpg hurc21sm.jpg hurc22sm.jpg hurc23sm.jpg

Hope people like this, and I am just sorry I don't have anything else "Reapery" to post which is painted. I am currently assembling and converting up my latest purchases, and will be able to have a nice pic of my Greatswords and Swordsmen which will have a lot of Reaper figures in.

• Like 5

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love complex orrery/etc., constructs, and this one particularly stands out. I love how you've worked in the Children of the Zodiac models, but I find especially funny that you've got a world on some elephants on a turtle. I know a few Terry Pratchett fans who would probably get a kick out of this. =D

Thanks for all the comments!

I love complex orrery/etc., constructs, and this one particularly stands out. I love how you've worked in the Children of the Zodiac models, but I find especially funny that you've got a world on some elephants on a turtle. I know a few Terry Pratchett fans who would probably get a kick out of this. =D

That was deliberate. The idea of the World Turtle and World Elephant is ancient and fairly common, but the specific "elephants-on-the-turtle" is Discworld. I've only got three, though :)