Sign in to follow this  
Yukon Cornelius

Dungeon Crawler Miniatures Kickstarter

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everybody know about a new minis Kickstarter that just launched yesterday:

http://www.kickstart...-tidal-wave-dcm

For the initial goal, they're doing a pirate/water themed set that includes some male and female human pirates, a mermaid and a huge water elemental. They're being produced in both prepainted and unpainted versions, so there's a lot of flexibility. They have stretch goals planned as well, but haven't said what they are.

I have their earlier sets, so I can vouch for the quality of the work they do. Judging by the icons they're using for stretch goals, there may be some terrain (huts, wagons, etc.) on the horizon in addition to the regular figs.

Anyway, there it is. I figured that Reaper Kickstarter backers might want to take a look...

I know. The way they worded things is a little cumbersome. Over on another forum, he's been clarifying things a bit. Basically, pledging gets you some or all of the new set (either painted or unpainted depending on the reward you choose.) Some reward levels give you credits that you can use toward other sets that will be revealed as stretch goals. Each set will be one or two credits, depending on how big of a set it is. They're also adding sets of alternate paint miniatures to various pledge levels as rewards as the KS goes on.

Hopefully it will become more clear as the KS progresses. I'll admit that I had to squint at it a while before it made sense to me. :-)

fwiw, Auggie's Games is selling Gifted Vision's previously released miniatures, prepainted and unpainted.

http://www.auggiesgames.com/

The unpainted KS's $15 level looks pretty tempting. It's sorta equivalent to a $10 Option for a huge miniature, plus $5 for 7 nautical / pirate miniatures.

The prepainted $30 is a decent deal. Most prepainted regular-sized mini's go for $3 apiece, so it's like getting the huge miniature for $9.

I *REALLY* wish this KS wasn't so specialized. I don't have any games that are nautical based, but I'm sure pirate fans would like this KS!

How much are the prepainted previously released miniatures? I see we can order them via this KS, but don't see for how much.

It's looking like, right now, without any of the planned stretch goals, the unpainteds are roughly 1.25 a piece at the $50 level and go down to about $1 a piece at the $150 level. But then, for those higher levels, you get free pre-paints (determined by the level you choose) and the potential to get those added stretch goal minis. AND! If you're one of the first at certain pledge levels, you get free minis, or even waived shipping costs (at $100 or more). Definitely a tempting deal.

Personally, I've put in a placeholder pledge of $50 for now to see where this thing goes and to secure one of the limited +2 free mini slots. If I don't feel like keeping my pledge at the end, at least he has a plan to assign those limited slots to the next person who would have gotten it, so no harm no foul in pledging early and waiting!

This seems pretty cool. Once I saw that the water elementals, ghost hounds, and Jellyshrooms were clear plastic, I decided it was worth it. Besides I don't get charged until Nov so I can afford it. And since the minis don't come until next Nov it gives me time to get my bones painted first. Of course I'll be getting the unpainted set.

This seems pretty cool. Once I saw that the water elementals, ghost hounds, and Jellyshrooms were clear plastic, I decided it was worth it. Besides I don't get charged until Nov so I can afford it. And since the minis don't come until next Nov it gives me time to get my bones painted first. Of course I'll be getting the unpainted set.

I *REALLY* wish this KS wasn't so specialized. I don't have any games that are nautical based, but I'm sure pirate fans would like this KS!

Keep an eye on our Stretch rewards then. :)

How much are the prepainted previously released miniatures? I see we can order them via this KS, but don't see for how much.

The previously released miniatures aren't part of the KickStarter, it's a year long wait - who'd want to wait that long! ;)

In all seriousness though, they are the investor sets, which means GVN would have to buy them and it would go against our goal, basically resulting in a loss. We just decided to avoid the stress. They can be added to the KickStarter @ shipping time though. :)

(and thanks for taking notice of the KS!)

Keep an eye on our Stretch rewards then. :)

The previously released miniatures aren't part of the KickStarter, it's a year long wait - who'd want to wait that long! ;)

In all seriousness though, they are the investor sets, which means GVN would have to buy them and it would go against our goal, basically resulting in a loss. We just decided to avoid the stress. They can be added to the KickStarter @ shipping time though. :)

(and thanks for taking notice of the KS!)

The $15 goal is rather tempting, esp if some other cool stuff is added.

Okay, the credit scheme they're using is redundantly pointless. Put a price on them all and be done with it! The complexity will annoy people away from pledging.

• Like 2